Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky: Undefeated NCAA Champs. Then what?

Featured Replies

The Cats could possibly go undefeated on their way to the title.

 

If so. How many of the players opt for the NBA?

The team stays together, they all move on to the NBA and become a new franchise, the Louisville Colonels with Cal as coach. Come on... I thought everyone knew that.

In that scenario, I'd call it like this:

 

 

Definitely Gone:

 

Cauley-Stein

Towns

Andrew Harrison

Aaron Harrison

 

 

Probably Can't Pass Where He's Currently Slotted:

 

Trey Lyles (projected late lottery)

 

 

Would Probably Have A Hard Time Saying No:

 

Dakari Johnson

 

 

Most Likely Staying:

 

Tyler Ulis

Devin Booker

Alex Poythress

Marcus Lee

The Cats could possibly go undefeated on their way to the title.

 

If so. How many of the players opt for the NBA?

 

How about the coach? I think Cal leaves under this scenario.

How about the coach? I think Cal leaves under this scenario.

 

For what? The NBA again?

 

How about the coach? I think Cal leaves under this scenario.

 

Wishfull thinking.

In that scenario, I'd call it like this:

 

 

Definitely Gone:

 

Cauley-Stein

Towns

Andrew Harrison

Aaron Harrison

 

 

Probably Can't Pass Where He's Currently Slotted:

 

Trey Lyles (projected late lottery)

 

 

Would Probably Have A Hard Time Saying No:

 

Dakari Johnson

 

 

Most Likely Staying:

 

Tyler Ulis

Devin Booker

Alex Poythress

Marcus Lee

 

Not 100% sure that WCS or the Twins will leave after this year.

 

Not 100% sure that WCS or the Twins will leave after this year.

 

Well that would be a disaster for the rest of college basketball.

Not 100% sure that WCS or the Twins will leave after this year.

 

They are 1000000000% gone if the go undefeated and 10000% gone even if they don't.

I am going to just kick back and enjoy watching this team this season without even thinking about or trying to figure who goes or stays. :thumb:

How about the coach? I think Cal leaves under this scenario.

 

Not a chance IMO.

They could barnstorm across the country or trot across the globe. They could become a latter day version of the Phillips 66 Oilers.

Wishfull thinking.

 

? I'm a UK fan! I don't want him to leave but I think there's a big chance he does. Hope I'm wrong.

 

? I'm a UK fan! I don't want him to leave but I think there's a big chance he does. Hope I'm wrong.

 

Oh lol.. It's hard to keep fan affiliations straight on here at times. I don't think you have anything to worry about though.

How about the coach? I think Cal leaves under this scenario.

 

For what? The NBA again?

 

Wishfull thinking.

 

Not a chance IMO.

 

? I'm a UK fan! I don't want him to leave but I think there's a big chance he does. Hope I'm wrong.

 

Oh lol.. It's hard to keep fan affiliations straight on here at times. I don't think you have anything to worry about though.

 

Question on why people think he wouldn't leave? Cal said it best when he took this job, this is a job where basically no coach can last more than ten years. This is the best job to have in college basketball, but it is also probably the most stressful job to have in basketball. Coach Cal has even said after the 2012 title how basically his next goal would be to try to have a team go undefeated and win it all. If he does that, then I think he is for sure gone if the right NBA job comes a long. Which I think if the Cavs fail this year, I think Cal would have his people know that he would be more willing to take that job now and I think they would get rid of their coach after one year to get Cal. I honestly think Cal would have taken the Cavs job this year if a lot of his players weren't returning this season.

 

I hope Coach Cal stays here until he retires, however I think there is a much better chance he leaves to try the NBA again, than there is of him staying here until he retires.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.