Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top teams in the 16th next year

Featured Replies

Hate to tell you but next year at the beginning of the Season, no one will remember nothing but who WON the State Championship:thumb:

 

Winning the District....Wont be remembered

Winning the Region.....Wont be remembered

Scoring only 30 pts at State...Wont be....well might be remembered...:D

 

Even your comments wont be remembered....actually will be forgotten by tomorrow probably...

 

Guess what Russell's Regional win will be forgotten by next year, but Owens will be spotlighted somewhere.:thumb: Hey look at it this way....Owens averaged per game, what Russell averaged per game at State:thumb:

So what you are saying is if your not South Laurel, whats the point?

Why would Boyd County even play in post season then?:flame:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Cubster

I hope the level of play is a little higher next season in the 16th.

 

What? The 16th Region needs to raise the level of play? No way! The 16th was loaded. It was the only region in the state where a decent freshman team could make it all the way to the regional finals. The "level of play" has to go up. It cannot go any lower.

Hate to tell you but next year at the beginning of the Season, no one will remember nothing but who WON the State Championship:thumb:

Winning the District....Wont be remembered

Winning the Region.....Wont be remembered

Scoring only 30 pts at State...Wont be....well might be remembered...:D

 

Even your comments wont be remembered....actually will be forgotten by tomorrow probably...

 

Guess what Russell's Regional win will be forgotten by next year, but Owens will be spotlighted somewhere.:thumb: Hey look at it this way....Owens averaged per game, what Russell averaged per game at State:thumb:

 

:rolleyes:

 

If that's the case, then why do schools, Boyd included, hang banners listing district and regional titles???

 

As I said before, if anybody else in the region could have gotten the job done, then they would have been playing in Rupp.

 

By the way, I forgot...exactly how many points did defending state champ (and favorite to repeat) score against that Graves County bunch anyway???

 

And how many did (insert name of the 16th region team not named Russell you support) score in the Sweet Sixteen this year??? If your team didn't take the floor at Rupp this season, you have no room to talk...PERIOD.

 

As for Owens being spotlighted somewhere (which to me means at least D1 mid-major), I'll believe that when I see it...

Hey shotterx3,who said it was a ramey kid,what if he was just 15 teen

years old,what if he was 6-10,what if he was from Chicgo,what if he

was from huntington,what if both was there?:sssh:

 

:rolleyes:

 

And what if monkeys fly out of my backside...a whole lot of ifs in that statement...

Hate to tell you but next year at the beginning of the Season, no one will remember nothing but who WON the State Championship:thumb:

 

Winning the District....Wont be remembered

Winning the Region.....Wont be remembered

Scoring only 30 pts at State...Wont be....well might be remembered...:D

 

Even your comments wont be remembered....actually will be forgotten by tomorrow probably...

 

Guess what Russell's Regional win will be forgotten by next year, but Owens will be spotlighted somewhere.:thumb: Hey look at it this way....Owens averaged per game, what Russell averaged per game at State:thumb:

 

 

You might forget Russell's regional championship, I don't think many people will but you might. First it takes memories to forget something and I know you lack a few regional memories this year. All you Boyd guys keep bashing Russell's state game. Wow, did your season really sting that bad that you have to vent your anger on other programs. Russell proved they were worthy by winning in Morehead, period. They ran into a pretty darn good defensive team in Graves. They made it further than anyone, alot further than your lions. First you have to make it to Morehead, then you have to make it to Rupp, then you can score some points.

Nobody will forget Russell's Regional Championship.

 

This thread should be closed...getting quite juvenile.

Hate to tell you but next year at the beginning of the Season, no one will remember nothing but who WON the State Championship:thumb:

 

Winning the District....Wont be remembered

Winning the Region.....Wont be remembered

Scoring only 30 pts at State...Wont be....well might be remembered...:D

 

Even your comments wont be remembered....actually will be forgotten by tomorrow probably...

 

Guess what Russell's Regional win will be forgotten by next year, but Owens will be spotlighted somewhere.:thumb: Hey look at it this way....Owens averaged per game, what Russell averaged per game at State:thumb:

First, "no one will remember nothing" is a double negative, which means everyone with a brain will remember everything. I knew somewhere there was a subtle brilliance in your posts and I have finally found it. Eureka!

Now, seriously, The Champs are always the faves, especially when they return everyone, period!;)

First, "no one will remember nothing" is a double negative, which means everyone with a brain will remember everything...

 

Not to nitpick, but your statement "which means everyone with a brain will remember everything" is the contrapositive of RedBlood's original comment. The contrapositive of a double negative is not necessarily a valid statement, in and of itself. It may be true (just as the grammatically incorrect double negative may be true), but both are dependent on the accuracy of the premises upon which they are built.

 

For what it's worth spindoc, I agree with your summation - in light of the fact that they return virtually their entire core group, the reigning champs (in this case, Russell) would have to be considered the favorites going in.

 

Frances

Not to nitpick, but your statement "which means everyone with a brain will remember everything" is the contrapositive of RedBlood's original comment. The contrapositive of a double negative is not necessarily a valid statement, in and of itself. It may be true (just as the grammatically incorrect double negative may be true), but both are dependent on the accuracy of the premises upon which they are built.

 

For what it's worth spindoc, I agree with your summation - in light of the fact that they return virtually their entire core group, the reigning champs (in this case, Russell) would have to be considered the favorites going in.

 

Frances

Oh, my you 2 are fabulous. I will in this case, however, lean toward doc on this one. He obviously wasn't declaring that Redblood's statement was valid. Only that he gaffed with a 2bl-! The course of this thread tends to lean to the "contrapositive". In this case, since all of this is based on opinion, it appears nothing is accurate, at least not until after the fact. So you can't possibly be accurate in your "raggin'" on the post either. Is it possible you 2 have a history? BTW, I think Morgan will be preseason faves along with Russell!:thumb:

BR549 -

 

I didn't intend to "rag" on spindoc. I was only pointing out that the double negative is no more (or less) valid than the contrapositive.

 

As I said, in this instance, I agree with spindoc's view of the situation.

 

Frances

BR549 -

 

I didn't intend to "rag" on spindoc. I was only pointing out that the double negative is no more (or less) valid than the contrapositive.

 

As I said, in this instance, I agree with spindoc's view of the situation.

 

Frances

 

You slay me. :lol:

You might forget Russell's regional championship, I don't think many people will but you might. First it takes memories to forget something and I know you lack a few regional memories this year. All you Boyd guys keep bashing Russell's state game. Wow, did your season really sting that bad that you have to vent your anger on other programs. Russell proved they were worthy by winning in Morehead, period. They ran into a pretty darn good defensive team in Graves. They made it further than anyone, alot further than your lions. First you have to make it to Morehead, then you have to make it to Rupp, then you can score some points.

 

I haven't been bashing Russell, but YES our season did sting that bad. So much more was expected of my Lions and it never materialized the way everyone thought it would.:cry:

WOW. It feels weird having to take up for Boyd against a Boyd fan but here goes, Russell might have lost to Boyd twice but the 1st was without Blair and it was one of Clark's and Sizemore's 1st games back from football and they were a little rusty to say the least. Now, the 2nd was a good quality win. Boyd was a very good team this year, they ran into a very very good team in the districts. That was the luck of the draw, but I feel like whoever had to play Fairview that 1st round would have gone home whether it be Ashland or anybody in the 16th. Fairview was a great team who, at that time, was playing well. Just because they didn't go far does not mean they weren't good, there were just quality teams in that district. So back to Russell, I think a team may get lucky once or twice but 3 times, I don't call that luck. I start to call that skill. Do you not think that Blair, Clark, and Gill are quality players in the 16th? Because I do. You mentioned Vanhoose but what about these guys. I understand that this is your opinion but to not have the defending regional champs, who return everyone from that team, in your top 5 is a little hard for me to grasp.

 

I totally understand...IMO Russell is over rated. The guys you mentioned were good players.I just feel like Fairview or Boyd or Ashland would have made a better showing. ( Or scored at least 31 points!!!LOL) IMO I dont see Russell beating anyone in my top three. It hurts me not to have BC in there but reality must set in....we need help....;)

I totally understand...IMO Russell is over rated. The guys you mentioned were good players.I just feel like Fairview or Boyd or Ashland would have made a better showing. ( Or scored at least 31 points!!!LOL) IMO I dont see Russell beating anyone in my top three. It hurts me not to have BC in there but reality must set in....we need help....;)

You don't think Russell will be as good as any of those 3?

Frances,

 

I had this same linguistic debate with my English teacher Mrs. Curnutte 29 years ago. The premise was that in math, multiplying a negative number by another negative number results in a positive product of the two.

 

-3 x -5 = 15

 

It stands to reason therefore, that a double negative in a sentence would result in a positive conclusion, ( even though the premises upon which the statement is built may be entirely inaccurate and unintended. )

 

The statement,"I never had no biscuits" would essentially result in "no" counteracting "never" to produce a corrected interpolation meaning, "I've always had biscuits" or “I’ve never been without biscuits” even though the intended meaning is quite the opposite.

 

It was at this point she told me, “It doesn’t work that way, shut up.”

 

I then asked, “What about a triple negative?”

 

She rolled her eyes and said that didn’t work either.

 

I then asked, “What about a quadruple negative?”

 

Growing weary, she said, “If you can come up with a quadruple negative before class ends, I’ll give you extra credit for the day.”

 

I said, “Extra credit… really? That’d be great, ‘cause I ain’t never had none no how…”

 

That’s when she threw her eraser at me.

 

In regard to the topic of this thread I have to go with Elliott, Rose Hill, Ashland, Russell, Rowan and Morgan in no particular order. Boyd is a wild card, at present I don’t see them in the top five, but another transfer similar to Owens could definitely put them there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.