Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top teams in the 16th next year

Featured Replies

Look for A BIG!! season.:sssh: ;)

  • Replies 92
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that mean? Come on, share the wealth.

Once again..I am a true BC Lions fans but....

1. Ashland- yuck..bad taste in my mouth!!!!

2. Elliott

3.Rose Hill

4. Russell

5. It dont matter cause your not #1-4......

 

 

Why do you have Russell so low?

1. Russell- They won the region and they return everybody and don't count out an added defensive stopper:D :D

2. Ashland- Say what you want, they will have 3 very experienced senior to lead them. Bonner should make strides

3. Elliott- The future 10th graders are somethin' else, they will continue to get better. Watch out, they are really good.

4. Boyd- From what I'm hearing, they will be around the top.

5. Rose Hill- Amazing young talent, although I think they are still another year away from competing for the regional crown.

 

The region will look very similar to the region this year, though every team will have that much more experience. Should be fun.

Here is my top 5

 

1 Russell

2 Elliott

3 Rose Hill

4 Rowan

5 Morgan

 

Where's Ashland? Where do you rate them? Just curious.

What does that mean? Come on, share the wealth.

 

Lets say they will be very BIG in the middle.:thumb:

Why will they be ? Is someone from Huntington coming?

Somebody might as well spill the beans on Patrick Patterson from Huntington High School.

 

Rumors have him going to either Fairview, Ashland, or Boyd? My question is why and how will he get eligible? If it's not him, then who is it and we can put the rumors to rest.

I don't think any teams worry about how kids get eligible anymore, because in reality they are no schools that can say that they don't get transfers at some point or another. I have no idea were he is going, but I do know that UK is the presumed leader and Kentucky basketball as far as high school goes is much better than that of West Virginia high school hoops.

In talking about getting kids eligible, it is all put onto the commissioners hands, which is crazy. Every rule about transferring is stated in terms of at the discretion of the Commisioner. I believe there should be some sort of board that gets to vote on that, and handle that board just like you would a jury.I personally feel like the KHSAA should be ran just like the NCAA, if you transfer than you have to sit out one year, the only difference is that you don't get that year of elgibility back. I mean lets face it 99% of the kids that transfer does not have a legitimate excuse, they simply try to find a places that are going to be good. If I was a player it would not mean anything to me to go to a state tournament with a team that I didn't even grow up in that county. Kids need to start taking pride in the places they are from instead of trying to take the easy way out and transferring to a place they deem better.

Why do you have Russell so low?

 

Because I have watched enough basketball this past year to see what talent will be around next year...Russell, to me, IMO just got lucky this year. Vanhoose is awesome....but bottom line, they got lucky. During the regular season they lost twice to BC and look how far BC made it. Not to mention their other loses. IMO the "Rose Hill" of 20 years ago, when they werent winning "ANY" games could have gone down to the state tourney and scored 30 points. Russell will not beat ANY of the top three teams I have listed next year.

Because I have watched enough basketball this past year to see what talent will be around next year...Russell, to me, IMO just got lucky this year. Vanhoose is awesome....but bottom line, they got lucky. During the regular season they lost twice to BC and look how far BC made it. Not to mention their other loses. IMO the "Rose Hill" of 20 years ago, when they werent winning "ANY" games could have gone down to the state tourney and scored 30 points. Russell will not beat ANY of the top three teams I have listed next year.

 

WOW. It feels weird having to take up for Boyd against a Boyd fan but here goes, Russell might have lost to Boyd twice but the 1st was without Blair and it was one of Clark's and Sizemore's 1st games back from football and they were a little rusty to say the least. Now, the 2nd was a good quality win. Boyd was a very good team this year, they ran into a very very good team in the districts. That was the luck of the draw, but I feel like whoever had to play Fairview that 1st round would have gone home whether it be Ashland or anybody in the 16th. Fairview was a great team who, at that time, was playing well. Just because they didn't go far does not mean they weren't good, there were just quality teams in that district. So back to Russell, I think a team may get lucky once or twice but 3 times, I don't call that luck. I start to call that skill. Do you not think that Blair, Clark, and Gill are quality players in the 16th? Because I do. You mentioned Vanhoose but what about these guys. I understand that this is your opinion but to not have the defending regional champs, who return everyone from that team, in your top 5 is a little hard for me to grasp.

WOW. It feels weird having to take up for Boyd against a Boyd fan but here goes, Russell might have lost to Boyd twice but the 1st was without Blair and it was one of Clark's and Sizemore's 1st games back from football and they were a little rusty to say the least. Now, the 2nd was a good quality win. Boyd was a very good team this year, they ran into a very very good team in the districts. That was the luck of the draw, but I feel like whoever had to play Fairview that 1st round would have gone home whether it be Ashland or anybody in the 16th. Fairview was a great team who, at that time, was playing well. Just because they didn't go far does not mean they weren't good, there were just quality teams in that district. So back to Russell, I think a team may get lucky once or twice but 3 times, I don't call that luck. I start to call that skill. Do you not think that Blair, Clark, and Gill are quality players in the 16th? Because I do. You mentioned Vanhoose but what about these guys. I understand that this is your opinion but to not have the defending regional champs, who return everyone from that team, in your top 5 is a little hard for me to grasp.

 

I believe Russell will be in the Top 5, but not at the top. I believe Russell is a quality team, but they have peaked to their top ability in my opinion. A little luck also helped come tournament time. I believe teams like Elliott and Rose Hill will be much better next year, and Russell will be at the same level. Just my opinion.:thumb:

It depends on who's back and who isn't and what the players do in the offseason to improve, and that goes for every team. Personally, I hope to see Russell back much improved and with a new attitude next season. Sometimes, getting a 34 year old monkey off your back has a way of elevating your play the next season.

 

As for the team's performance at Rupp, I believe the same Graves County team that held Russell to 27 held the defending state champs to 33 points in regulation. I'd say it was a pretty good defensive team that the Devils were matched up against.

 

As for the Patterson kid, this seems like a scenario much like the OJ/Bill fiasco that played out previously. I can't believe any team in the area would want to go through that again and I'm sure the KHSAA would have something to say about it.

1. Russell

2. Elliott Co.

3. Ashland

4. Rowan Co.

5. Rose Hill

 

THe top 2 teams in the region IMO are no doubters. They made the regional finals last year and return almost all their firepower. Ashland bring back 3 very good players that have quality experience. Rowan Co. bring back their big duo and look for Blake Pettit to step in a be a factor next year. He has tons of potiental. I start Rose Hill out at 5 but look for them to climb as the season goes on. I think the other 4 has proved themselves more than Rose Hill as of right now.

Lets say they will be very BIG in the middle.:thumb:

I know there is a nice big guy out at the Ramey Home that may show up at Boyd County, and I hope he gets the opportunity, but I dont believe the results will be that much better than they were with Greg Fugatte a couple of years ago, just hard for any inexperienced kid to make that much difference in one year

Russell will be the most experienced team in the Region next year

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.