Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky is unanimous No. 1 choice

Featured Replies

The Kentucky Wildcats are still No. 1, and this time on top of every ballot.

The Wildcats (9-0) became a unanimous No. 1 team in the new Associated Press poll Monday, getting the first-place votes on all 64 ballots cast.

 

[h=4]AP Top 10[/h]96.png?w=80&h=80Kentucky, which has made a 3-pointer in 908 straight games, got all 65 first-place votes in the poll released Monday. To see the full poll, please click here.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Rank[/TH]

[TH]Rank[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: last]

[TD]1. Kentucky[/TD]

[TD]6. Virginia[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: last]

[TD]2. Duke[/TD]

[TD]7. Villanova[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: last]

[TD]3. Arizona[/TD]

[TD]8. Texas[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: last]

[TD]4. Louisville[/TD]

[TD]9. Gonzaga[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: last]

[TD]5. Wisconsin[/TD]

[TD]10. Kansas[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

 

Syracuse spent two weeks as a unanimous No. 1 last season.

Wisconsin had been getting some first-place votes before its 80-70 loss last week to Duke. The Badgers slipped from second to fifth in the new rankings.

Duke (8-0) replaced Wisconsin at No. 2, jumping ahead of No. 3 Arizona (8-0), which stayed undefeated with a 66-63 overtime victory Saturday against No. 9 Gonzaga.

Louisville was up one spot to fourth. Virginia, Villanova, Texas, Gonzaga and Kansas rounded out the top 10. The Jayhawks (6-1), who visit Georgetown on Wednesday, rallied to beat Florida to climb back into the top 10.

Kentucky Wildcats are unanimous No. 1 in AP men's college basketball poll - ESPN

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-5 seems about right. 6-10 is a toss up. Cats are number 1 which is spot on. Duke makes me kinda nervous because I think they are that good, I don't know much about them and we'll they're Duke.

Kentucky or Duke is #1. The rest of the top five I agree with, but might change the order.

 

Virginia at #6 is hard to imagine, as is Villanova at #7, but I haven't seen either of them.

I don't feel like Louisville is the 4th best team in the country...

Duke is the best team in the country but whatever.

  • Author
Duke is the best team in the country but whatever.

 

Love you PP....:lol2:

I don't pay enough attention. Was the 2012 team a unanimous #1 at any point during the regular season?

 

I'm kind of surprised that Duke didn't get any votes at all.

I don't pay enough attention. Was the 2012 team a unanimous #1 at any point during the regular season?

 

I'm kind of surprised that Duke didn't get any votes at all.

 

It's a travesty Duke isn't #1. Go on the road and soundly defeat the "#2" team in the nation while UK beat up on poor old EKU and Texas at home. :no:

 

To quote those mad at OSU for making the playoffs....."but Duke has the best win of the season". I guess that only works in football. I mean, I guess it doesn't work in basketball either.

 

#norespect

I don't feel like Louisville is the 4th best team in the country...

 

They aren't built like UK, but they are similar to UK, if that makes sense. Defense is going to be there & will make them tough to beat, but they can struggle on the offensive end. I think it's all about matchups with Louisville, but I think they are deserving of a top five spot at this point.

I'm kind of surprised that Duke didn't get any votes at all.

 

It's a travesty Duke isn't #1.

 

I wouldn't use the word "travesty" but Duke's win over Wisconsin was impressive. Of course, UK's mauling of Kansas was equally as impressive.

 

You can make a strong case for either one of them to be #1 IMO. UK is a defensive juggernaut & has beyond impressive size and depth. Duke's freshmen are playing like upperclassmen & they have the clear-cut top player in the country.

 

In a matchup of the two, UK's size would give Duke problems, but Duke's guards would give similar problems to UK.

 

I don't know who I'd put at #1, but I do concur with MJ on being puzzled as to why Duke doesn't have any #1 votes.

I wouldn't use the word "travesty" but Duke's win over Wisconsin was impressive. Of course, UK's mauling of Kansas was equally as impressive.

 

You can make a strong case for either one of them to be #1 IMO. UK is a defensive juggernaut & has beyond impressive size and depth. Duke's freshmen are playing like upperclassmen & they have the clear-cut top player in the country.

 

In a matchup of the two, UK's size would give Duke problems, but Duke's guards would give similar problems to UK.

 

I don't know who I'd put at #1, but I do concur with MJ on being puzzled as to why Duke doesn't have any #1 votes.

 

 

Travesty. :D

Travesty. :D

 

Yeah, because who is ranked #1 in hoops in December is sooooooooo important:)!!!!

Duke is the best team in the country but whatever.

 

Third best.

Louisville does not match up well at all against UK or Duke but I think they can match up with just about anybody else in the country. Of course their free throw shooting and inability to score consistently also means they can be beat by a lot of people as well. But honestly we have UK and Duke then everybody else....................

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.