December 6, 201411 yr Our D is now #1 and the O is #3 on Pomeroy.. As bad as the O looks,, it's not that bad,, on paper anyway.. Just think of what it'll look like when they get on stride!!!
December 6, 201411 yr There's going to be a lot of guys waking up tomorrow morning knowing they were in a game the night before. Thought UK got the benefit of the doubt on some calls, which is expected for any home team, and there was also lots of big bodies playing physical basketball, which has to be difficult to officiate as well. When Texas gets Taylor back, they are going to be a really tough out if Barnes can stay out of his own way. Had Taylor played and the game not been at Rupp, I could easily see UK losing this one. The Cats need to do a better job in their zone offense. Hopefully, that will come.
December 6, 201411 yr One of the worst officiated games ever, both ways. I understand there was a lot of physical play, but there is no need for 51 fouls, especially all the off ball crap they kept calling all game. There was a stretch where the same ref called 4 of the 5 fouls in a 39 second stretch. Brutal game to watch as there was no rhythm to the game at all. And that kind of nullifies the platoon advantage. Too many whistles. Too many stoppages of play allows the opponent to rest. I'm still behind the 40-0 campaign. But they can lose if Face a zone defense Other team has some height Other team plays physical UK can not shoot from beyond the arc It will have to take all those together. Texas had that combo and made it a game with 4 minutes left, but the CATS pulled away for double digit win anyway.
December 6, 201411 yr box score terrible shooting night for the Harrisons. NCAA College Basketball GameTracker - CBSSports.com I think the Harrison's are getting right back into the mind game of playing to the NBA scouts. That's what they did much of last year and it adds more pressure to their game, with results such as last night. They didn't start playing with efficiency last season until they decided to stop worrying about their draft status. I actually believe they made their coming back another year decision way before they actually publicly announced it, and they started playing much better. That was as much a part of the "tweak" as anything Cal did. They need to relax and not worry about the 60 NBA scouts in the stands in games like this. Quit pressing and trying to prove yourself. I thought last night they forced a lot of bad shots. Lowering one's head and driving in the lane with a wild prayer shot will not impress anyone nor help the team. I wasn't impressed with the twins last night and I doubt the scouts were either.
December 6, 201411 yr I think the Harrison's are getting right back into the mind game of playing to the NBA scouts. That's what they did much of last year and it adds more pressure to their game, with results such as last night. They didn't start playing with efficiency last season until they decided to stop worrying about their draft status. I actually believe they made their coming back another year decision way before they actually publicly announced it, and they started playing much better. That was as much a part of the "tweak" as anything Cal did. They need to relax and not worry about the 60 NBA scouts in the stands in games like this. Quit pressing and trying to prove yourself. I thought last night they forced a lot of bad shots. Lowering one's head and driving in the lane with a wild prayer shot will not impress anyone nor help the team. I wasn't impressed with the twins last night and I doubt the scouts were either. I like it, they don't shoot well so they are playing to the NBA scouts. The only wild shot I remember is the one by Aaron with the clock running out at the end of the half. BTW, Andrew made a huge 3 down the stretch. Seriously, the fan base needs to lighten up on the twins. Was Booker play to the scouts last night? Was Ulis? Because the guards went 4-27 combined. It's hard to get in a flow when there is a foul every 45 seconds. That goes for both teams.
December 6, 201411 yr U.K. is going to see a zone defense every time out. Should the Cats get to shooting like I think they can and teams are forced to go man.............:eek: it's gonna get good !! :thumb: Everytime we see a zone all we have to do is put Lyles or Towns, who every is in, at the free throw line because they can hit tat shot consistently and can feed the post from there. Also they are big enough that the guards will have to sag back creating lanes and shots. Stop doing the stupid ball screen at top vs the 2-3.
December 6, 201411 yr Everytime we see a zone all we have to do is put Lyles or Towns, who every is in, at the free throw line because they can hit tat shot consistently and can feed the post from there. Also they are big enough that the guards will have to sag back creating lanes and shots. Stop doing the stupid ball screen at top vs the 2-3. Man why hasn't Calipari thought of that, maybe you should tweet him.
December 6, 201411 yr I like it, they don't shoot well so they are playing to the NBA scouts. The only wild shot I remember is the one by Aaron with the clock running out at the end of the half. BTW, Andrew made a huge 3 down the stretch. Seriously, the fan base needs to lighten up on the twins. Was Booker play to the scouts last night? Was Ulis? Because the guards went 4-27 combined. It's hard to get in a flow when there is a foul every 45 seconds. That goes for both teams. They haven't shot well this season.
December 6, 201411 yr They haven't shot well this season. Who's they? The twins or the guards in general? Because prior to last night all of them had shot the ball well outside of Aaron.
December 6, 201411 yr One of the worst officiated games ever, both ways. I understand there was a lot of physical play, but there is no need for 51 fouls, especially all the off ball crap they kept calling all game. There was a stretch where the same ref called 4 of the 5 fouls in a 39 second stretch. Brutal game to watch as there was no rhythm to the game at all. They were awful. Didn't allow the teams to get into any flow. They tried too hard to keep the bigs from banging and were over officiating in my opinion. They took away a lot of the fun of the game in my opinion.
December 6, 201411 yr Man why hasn't Calipari thought of that, maybe you should tweet him. I am not sure? I will send him a text, a tweet would not let him take credit for it, to many followers.
December 6, 201411 yr I think the Harrison's are getting right back into the mind game of playing to the NBA scouts. That's what they did much of last year and it adds more pressure to their game, with results such as last night. They didn't start playing with efficiency last season until they decided to stop worrying about their draft status. I actually believe they made their coming back another year decision way before they actually publicly announced it, and they started playing much better. That was as much a part of the "tweak" as anything Cal did. They need to relax and not worry about the 60 NBA scouts in the stands in games like this. Quit pressing and trying to prove yourself. I thought last night they forced a lot of bad shots. Lowering one's head and driving in the lane with a wild prayer shot will not impress anyone nor help the team. I wasn't impressed with the twins last night and I doubt the scouts were either. I definitely agree with you, at least when it comes to Aaron. I said last night that I thought it was the worst game he's played in his two years at UK. Looked like he was trying way to hard. And I definitely thought it was because of the number of scouts that he was worried about impressing. If he just let's the game come to him, he's so much better. A few times he seemed like he was just like, "I haven't shot in a while and I need to get one up".
December 6, 201411 yr Rupp had good vibe last night. I had a great time with my son, we ate at Nick Ryan's on Jefferson (highly recommend) and scored some nice tickets outside the old Desha's. The guards were 4 out of 28 and we were beat on the boards by 11, then still won by 12. I'll take it. On a side note, We saw the largest human being that I can ever remember at the concession stand last night. A Texas fan who went probably 7'4" and 380 plus. I don't know if he was a former player or not, but a massive individual.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.