Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 63 Texas 51

Featured Replies

One of the worst officiated games ever, both ways. I understand there was a lot of physical play, but there is no need for 51 fouls, especially all the off ball crap they kept calling all game. There was a stretch where the same ref called 4 of the 5 fouls in a 39 second stretch. Brutal game to watch as there was no rhythm to the game at all.

 

Officiating was the story of the game. Refs were awful and made this a terrible game to watch.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Officiating was the story of the game. Refs were awful and made this a terrible game to watch.

 

I feel like it was one of the worst officiated games I've watched and I'm not saying that as a UK fan, but as a basketball fan that wants to watch a good game with two top ten teams!

Who's they? The twins or the guards in general? Because prior to last night all of them had shot the ball well outside of Aaron.

The twins.

 

Don't get me wrong. I like the twins and there's no way UK could have gone as far as they did last year without their play in the tournament. But it just seems to me that they are pressing right now. Maybe I'm wrong but it could be their draft position having an effect on them, especially when dozens of pro scouts are in the stands. Maybe less so with Andrew than Aaron. As I said, it's only an opinion.

Texas is a title contender when they get healthy.

 

Willie was terrific last night and has been the team's best player this year. Dakari also did some nice things in the paint. Guard play stunk for the Cats, which is why the offense overall was so poor.

I feel like it was one of the worst officiated games I've watched and I'm not saying that as a UK fan, but as a basketball fan that wants to watch a good game with two top ten teams!

When UK was up by 14 they refs completely broke their momentum with about 5 straight ticky-tack touch fouls that most officials don't come close to calling. They became part of the game more than the players.

I am also guessing that 24,000 others also saw the man as well. I will go with your size estimates, he had to duck quite a bit just to go through the doors, which I believer are on 6'10" frames.

When the Cats can't hit 3's games will stay close.

 

When the Cats figure it out I don't think this will be the case in most games.

 

However UK will have close games this year against much worse opponents than Texas. Just the nature of the beast. Even if UK were to defy the odds and go undefeated they'd have close games.

 

Texas had the perfect game plan for their team last night IMO. Have to crash the glass hard on offense against UK or they'll suffocate you defensively.

When UK was up by 14 they refs completely broke their momentum with about 5 straight ticky-tack touch fouls that most officials don't come close to calling. They became part of the game more than the players.

 

That is what makes the college game so hard to watch. Too many fouls.

That is what makes the college game so hard to watch. Too many fouls.
Last night was brutal. If I did not have a rooting interest I would have changed channels 5 minutes in to the contest. Same for most college games.
The twins.

 

Don't get me wrong. I like the twins and there's no way UK could have gone as far as they did last year without their play in the tournament. But it just seems to me that they are pressing right now. Maybe I'm wrong but it could be their draft position having an effect on them, especially when dozens of pro scouts are in the stands. Maybe less so with Andrew than Aaron. As I said, it's only an opinion.

 

I half agree with you about them struggling. Andrew has had a very good season and even made a couple of big plays last night.

 

I have a hard time hanging Aaron's struggles on NBA scouts. I'm sure there were plenty of scouts watching the tournament last year. Certainly more than watching the Montana State game this year when Aaron struggled. Plus, Aaron's best game of the year was against Kansas on a huge stage.

When UK was up by 14 they refs completely broke their momentum with about 5 straight ticky-tack touch fouls that most officials don't come close to calling. They became part of the game more than the players.

 

100% agree. I was at the game last night and made the same comment to someone sitting beside me.

 

5 off the ball fouls in 2 possessions. The first foul of the second half against Texas was also atrocious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.