Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St Louis PD vs The St Louis Rams

Featured Replies

Kenny Britt wrote the words "My kids matter" and "Mike Brown"on his wrists.

 

He then posted a pic of it on instagram with this message...

"This game was dedicated to #MikeBrown, his family and the community of #Ferguson. #Westandwithyou #mykidsmatter #hornsup

 

I think the police there should now protest by not working their security jobs at the next Rams game.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny Britt wrote the words "My kids matter" and "Mike Brown"on his wrists.

 

He then posted a pic of it on instagram with this message...

"This game was dedicated to #MikeBrown, his family and the community of #Ferguson. #Westandwithyou #mykidsmatter #hornsup

 

I think the police there should now protest by not working their security jobs at the next Rams game.

 

If his kids matter, instill discipline and make them understand right vs wrong. Be a parent.

Kenny Britt wrote the words "My kids matter" and "Mike Brown"on his wrists.

 

He then posted a pic of it on instagram with this message...

"This game was dedicated to #MikeBrown, his family and the community of #Ferguson. #Westandwithyou #mykidsmatter #hornsup

 

I think the police there should now protest by not working their security jobs at the next Rams game.

 

 

Definitely the wrong message to send if that happens. It's essentially saying, "question us, and we won't be there for you", and I'm not really sure that it solves anything at all, in fact, I'd say that it makes things even worse.

 

I've seen pictures of a black cop protecting a Klansman from people who were trying to reach him during a Klan event that was nothing more than hate speech, and I'm guessing that it probably wasn't something that was on the top of his list of things to do, but sometimes that goes with it.

 

My point is: just because you don't agree with the message, as a public servant, you don't really get to pick and choose which sides whose rights you serve and protect.

 

If for the rest of my career, I only took clients who shared the same beliefs as me, I'm going to imagine that I'd be a pretty hungry guy.

 

 

All that aside, I'm sure there are plenty of people going to the stadium who don't share the same views as the Rames on this, and if the SLPD were to boycott, then it's putting them in a potentially precarious position as well.

 

 

I don't mind them sharing their opinions on the display, but I think that to boycott is opening up a huge can of worms.

With the exception of asking for disciplinary actions I would have reacted the same way.

 

Same here. These days it's not enough just to say you disagree with someone. Everyone wants their opponent punished.

 

Definitely the wrong message to send if that happens. It's essentially saying, "question us, and we won't be there for you", and I'm not really sure that it solves anything at all, in fact, I'd say that it makes things even worse.

 

I've seen pictures of a black cop protecting a Klansman from people who were trying to reach him during a Klan event that was nothing more than hate speech, and I'm guessing that it probably wasn't something that was on the top of his list of things to do, but sometimes that goes with it.

 

My point is: just because you don't agree with the message, as a public servant, you don't really get to pick and choose which sides whose rights you serve and protect.

 

If for the rest of my career, I only took clients who shared the same beliefs as me, I'm going to imagine that I'd be a pretty hungry guy.

 

All that aside, I'm sure there are plenty of people going to the stadium who don't share the same views as the Rames on this, and if the SLPD were to boycott, then it's putting them in a potentially precarious position as well.

 

I don't mind them sharing their opinions on the display, but I think that to boycott is opening up a huge can of worms.

 

Take a deep breath and relax...I wasn't being serious.

 

With that being said, they are not required to protect and serve the St. Louis Rams, they are required to protect and serve the public in general. Most, if not all are probably getting paid by the Rams and are probably working their off time at the game. I doubt it is even required, it's probably a voluntary job for extra money.

Take a deep breath and relax...I wasn't being serious.

 

With that being said, they are not required to protect and serve the St. Louis Rams, they are required to protect and serve the public in general. Most, if not all are probably getting paid by the Rams and are probably working their off time at the game. I doubt it is even required, it's probably a voluntary job for extra money.

 

 

Gotcha. :thumb:

 

Sarcasm on the Internet is a tough sport.

 

Makes sense about working voluntarily and off-duty for some extra pay. Probably not a bad gig considering you get something of a free game experience.

Is anyone really shocked to see 4 criminals supporting another criminal.

Is anyone really shocked to see 4 criminals supporting another criminal.

 

Those players have a criminal history?

Those players have a criminal history?

 

Britt and Steadman have had issues in the past. Anything with regard to the other three is either speculation or outright falsehood.

  • Author

NFL has said they respect all views. No actions will be taken.

NFL has said they respect all views. No actions will be taken.

 

Good.

Those players have a criminal history?

 

I always thought getting a DUI and running from the cops, shop lifting and drugs made you a criminal. If not what is it. My buddy had these and I call him a criminal.

I always thought getting a DUI and running from the cops, shop lifting and drugs made you a criminal. If not what is it. My buddy had these and I call him a criminal.

 

Everybody is different. I wouldn't call someone who has a DUI a criminal. An error in judgment doesn't equal intent to commit a crime for me.

NFL has said they respect all views. No actions will be taken.

 

I don't expect the NFL to take any action but I can tell you when I saw the replay of it, it didn't do anything to increase my interest in the NFL.

 

I think this is a little like musical artists that tell you about their political beliefs in the middle of a concert. I don't want to hear it and it ruins the concert for me. If artists or athletes want to give us their political views or social commentary, schedule a press conference and fire away but leave it out of your professional performances.

  • Author
I don't expect the NFL to take any action but I can tell you when I saw the replay of it, it didn't do anything to increase my interest in the NFL.

 

I think this is a little like musical artists that tell you about their political beliefs in the middle of a concert. I don't want to hear it and it ruins the concert for me. If artists or athletes want to give us their political views or social commentary, schedule a press conference and fire away but leave it out of your professional performances.

 

I guarantee you the NFL wishes it didn't happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.