December 6, 201411 yr ESPN wrote an article on the Rams and state of athletes in general now. One thing that I thought was interesting is that they were called the "anti-Jordans" at one point. (It was Jordan who famously said, "Republicans buy shoes too", which showed his shrewd business acumen and his wit). After Ferguson, sports stars are finally waking up - ESPN
December 6, 201411 yr How The Police Punished The Rams - ESPN Video - ESPN I don't think the players should be punished but do understand why the police are upset. The hands up gesture has now become a "lie" that has been repeated so many times that people believe it. It is pretty clear from what has come out of the investigation is that Michael Brown was not standing innocently with his hands up when shot...but people conveniently forget that and STILL want to go after the police officer. Watching that video reminds me of why I absolutely refuse to watch Keith Olbermann. One of the biggest tools in sports media IMO...
December 6, 201411 yr Watching that video reminds me of why I absolutely refuse to watch Keith Olbermann. One of the biggest tools in sports media IMO... Actually, Olbermann is tool-less. Well, that's what I heard.
December 8, 201411 yr THANK YOU. The reason more isn't done to fix black on black crime is because nobody that is important enough or has enough pull gives two craps about it. Fact. People can say "stop killing each other," and as simple as it sounds, it's not that easy to fix. You mean Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Holder, Rice, and plenty of other black congressmen and senators aren't important.
December 8, 201411 yr You mean Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Holder, Rice, and plenty of other black congressmen and senators aren't important. Out of the names you listed only Obama is important enough but as soon as he did something people would start crying about the Executive Order crap all over again.
December 8, 201411 yr Out of the names you listed only Obama is important enough but as soon as he did something people would start crying about the Executive Order crap all over again. What could Obama do via executive order that is legal? Also to be fair the highest law enforcement official in the country is black as well.
December 8, 201411 yr What could Obama do via executive order that is legal? Also to be fair the highest law enforcement official in the country is black as well. I don't know. I'm sure whatever Obama would do would be illegal and grounds for impeachment. Who is the highest law enforcement official and what could he do?
December 8, 201411 yr You mean Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Holder, Rice, and plenty of other black congressmen and senators aren't important. So white people can't help fix the problem? Got it.
December 8, 201411 yr Out of the names you listed only Obama is important enough but as soon as he did something people would start crying about the Executive Order crap all over again. So Obama couldnt do anything to stop black on black crime in the inner cities like in Chicago or Detroit? What does and Exe Order have to do with doing something to stop black on black crime.
December 8, 201411 yr So white people can't help fix the problem? Got it. Im sure some whites could but they may be afraid to be called racist and told its none of their business or their fault to begin with. Tell me what a person is supposed to do to help stop it? What will happen to a white person who moves into a inner city neighborhood where there is a lot of gang and drug activity?
December 8, 201411 yr So Obama couldnt do anything to stop black on black crime in the inner cities like in Chicago or Detroit? What does and Exe Order have to do with doing something to stop black on black crime. I'm sure Obama could do something but it would require more time than he has seeing as how he has a whole country to run. I mean, if he dropped everything to fully commit to stopping black on black crime I'm thinking a lot of people in our country would take offense to him only focusing on black people. You think it's that simple to fix that all he has to do is call the ObamaPhone network and folks will drop their guns? I don't know if he would need an executive order or not but it's foolish to believe that one person can stop it all by themselves without some kind of enormous government intervention somehow. Impossible.
December 8, 201411 yr What will happen to a white person who moves into a inner city neighborhood where there is a lot of gang and drug activity? They'll get bars on their windows and multiple deadbolt locks on all their doors like everyone else in the neighborhood has. Probably need one of those things to lock their steering wheel on their car. Probably get a good guard dog. Rottweiler or a German Sheperd. Doberman maybe. Have to get cable, somebody would steal their dish. After they do all that if they have any money left over they should probably get their head examined for moving there. Are they doing a documentary on gangs or something? Episode of Gangland?
December 8, 201411 yr They'll get bars on their windows and multiple deadbolt locks on all their doors like everyone else in the neighborhood has. Probably need one of those things to lock their steering wheel on their car. Probably get a good guard dog. Rottweiler or a German Sheperd. Doberman maybe. Have to get cable, somebody would steal their dish. After they do all that if they have any money left over they should probably get their head examined for moving there. Are they doing a documentary on gangs or something? Episode of Gangland? I meant how would the black neighborhood treat them? Im sure of all the above. But what if I wanted to move there, start a business, give back to the community. Will it matter or will I be treated different. As opposed to if a black couple with kids moved next to me, thats fine, as long as they are responsible good and friendly neighbors I have no problem. But yes I know how blacks are percieved if they move to an influential white neighborhood, but I dotn think it would be as bad as what I asked.
December 9, 201411 yr I meant how would the black neighborhood treat them? Im sure of all the above. But what if I wanted to move there, start a business, give back to the community. Will it matter or will I be treated different. As opposed to if a black couple with kids moved next to me, thats fine, as long as they are responsible good and friendly neighbors I have no problem. But yes I know how blacks are percieved if they move to an influential white neighborhood, but I dotn think it would be as bad as what I asked. Black people are no different than white people. If you come in to open a business and give back to the community they'll treat you great. May at even protect your store if they really like you. http://bluegrasspreps.com/kentucky-national-politics/positive-story-coming-292496.html I grew up in influential white neighborhoods and only had one issue as a child and I was about 12 then. I never had any major issues at all.
December 9, 201411 yr Black people are no different than white people. If you come in to open a business and give back to the community they'll treat you great. May at even protect your store if they really like you. http://bluegrasspreps.com/kentucky-national-politics/positive-story-coming-292496.html I grew up in influential white neighborhoods and only had one issue as a child and I was about 12 then. I never had any major issues at all. I saw the story, but I'm not sure if Ferguson is Detroit or Chicago either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.