Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St Louis PD vs The St Louis Rams

Featured Replies

I don't expect the NFL to take any action but I can tell you when I saw the replay of it, it didn't do anything to increase my interest in the NFL.

 

I think this is a little like musical artists that tell you about their political beliefs in the middle of a concert. I don't want to hear it and it ruins the concert for me. If artists or athletes want to give us their political views or social commentary, schedule a press conference and fire away but leave it out of your professional performances.

 

 

THIS THIS THIS! Entertain me and let me forget the problems of the world for just a few hours!

  • Replies 100
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who else is old enough to remember the Black Power salute in the 1968 Olympics?

  • Author
Who else is old enough to remember the Black Power salute in the 1968 Olympics?

 

I was almost 5 but it did cross my mind yesterday.

 

Gotcha. :thumb:

 

Sarcasm on the Internet is a tough sport.

 

Makes sense about working voluntarily and off-duty for some extra pay. Probably not a bad gig considering you get something of a free game experience.

 

Agreed. I shake my head and think, 'what is he talking about' all the time only to realize the poster was being sarcastic.

Does that make their opinions less relevant? Do they lose the right to send a message due to past transgressions?

When you list job references, do you list a shoplifter, someone who ran and resisted from police, and someone who failed a drug test? Or do you want someone going to bat for you and your beliefs?

But I also agree the NFL should not take any action

I was almost 5 but it did cross my mind yesterday.

 

I was almost 13 and remember it well. Still remember the riots in Watts, DC, etc. I'd like to think that we're much farther along than we were close to half a century later.

 

But I just don't know.

NFL has said they respect all views. No actions will be taken.

 

Smart move.

  • Author
I stopped watching the NFL years ago and this reminds me of why I did so.

 

Activism?

No big deal. They have the right as has been stated to do what they wish to protest or show support. Not sure the Rams and NFL liked it, but nothing to stew about IMO.

Stedman Bailey -- Cited by police for shoplifting while at West Virginia. Suspended four games this year for a violation of the NFL drug policy

 

Tavon Austin - Comes from one of the nation's toughest inner-city neighborhoods where crime was rampant. Some teams passed over him in the draft because they were afraid some of his childhood "friends" would follow him.

 

Kenny Britt - Arrested following a police chase in NJ. Arrested another time for resisting arrest. Got a DUI at Fort Campbell when he was with the Titans

 

Chris Givens - Character issues at Wake Forest. Suspended one game by the Rams last year.

 

Jared Cook -- Nothing pops up on the radar.

 

 

I mean, who does this really surprise?

 

Perhaps those in glass houses should not be throwing stones . . .

 

Ex-cop behind St. Louis police NFL threat has history of lying, protecting crooked cops

I was almost 13 and remember it well. Still remember the riots in Watts, DC, etc. I'd like to think that we're much farther along than we were close to half a century later.

 

But I just don't know.

 

Come on. See this is what drives me nuts. Of course race relations are a million miles ahead of 1968.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.