Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Are We Obsessed Over Dunks?

Featured Replies

It's not Jimmy Chitwood in 1952 anymore. Kids are bigger. Kids dunk in high school even if they're not overly talented.

 

Yet we get continuous game reports of dunks. Someone asked how the SK scrimmage went last night and the person who replied said that the only reports he saw on Twitter were about a dunk. Not who won. Not who played well. Nothing. Just a dunk report.

 

Make.

It.

Stop.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Jimmy Chitwood in 1952 anymore. Kids are bigger. Kids dunk in high school even if they're not overly talented.

 

Yet we get continuous game reports of dunks. Someone asked how the SK scrimmage went last night and the person who replied said that the only reports he saw on Twitter were about a dunk. Not who won. Not who played well. Nothing. Just a dunk report.

 

Make.

It.

Stop.

You couldn't dunk, could you?

  • Author
You couldn't dunk, could you?

 

Actually, I had solid hops back in the day but...no. I was a good shot blocker though.

It's the ESPN age, Clizzy. Folks are enamored with dunks. I personally like the kids who can hit 2-5 three pointers a game over the dunks. 3>2.

You couldn't dunk, could you?

 

Peaked at 9'6". I hit my FTs and played above average defense though. :D

You couldn't dunk, could you?

 

:lol2:

At the end of the day a dunk is still worth 2pts. Are they exciting, sure. I get more hype out of a great pass than I do a dunk.

Same reason we're hung up on Home Runs, 80 yard bombs, one timers, and holes in one. Its just cool. Chicks dig the dunk!

The thing that always gets me is that you'll often see the smaller guys trying to dunk...and the big guys stepping outside trying to shoot 3's. It's like I'm watching a game in opposite world or something.

The thing that always gets me is that you'll often see the smaller guys trying to dunk...and the big guys stepping outside trying to shoot 3's. It's like I'm watching a game in opposite world or something.

 

Fishermen on the bank casting as far as they can, fishermen in the boat trying to get as close to the bank as possible.

Trying to dunk in warmups does nothing for me but if it's an in game dunk, then it's pretty good because at the high school level its far and few in between.

Edited by All Blue

It's not Jimmy Chitwood in 1952 anymore. Kids are bigger. Kids dunk in high school even if they're not overly talented.

 

Yet we get continuous game reports of dunks. Someone asked how the SK scrimmage went last night and the person who replied said that the only reports he saw on Twitter were about a dunk. Not who won. Not who played well. Nothing. Just a dunk report.

 

Make.

It.

Stop.

I cant make it stop,but I am in total agreement with you......

Fishermen on the bank casting as far as they can, fishermen in the boat trying to get as close to the bank as possible.

 

Bingo!

Because, although we see them on tv highlights, a dunk in high school is a rare feat. I was blessed to grow up watching a school that had pretty good athletes threw the years but I remember watching games against teams that didn't have one kid in years that could dunk in a game.

Dunk is overrated. Taking a guy one on one with a move and stopping to hit a fade-a-way jumper, that's a thing of beauty in my old school opinion.

 

But I also liked the ABA better than the NBA when I was a kid so....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.