Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Are We Obsessed Over Dunks?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Is there a time frame that the refs must be on the floor?

 

15:00 is standard.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a dunk proves to be the highest percentage shot in a certain situation, then I'm all for it.

 

When I see players showboating with break away alley-oops etc... when easily laying the the ball off the glass would've been the best choice, then that drives me nuts.

 

Leave the showboating for the playgrounds. A regulation game needs to be taken seriously.

 

I've even seen at times where a crucial basket was overlooked during crucial periods of a game all for the sake of showboating. If you're stupid enough to blow an easy basket in those situations and I'm the coach....you're immediately sitting the bench.

 

Especially when the dunk is missed...drives me crazy.

Especially when the dunk is missed...drives me crazy.

 

Saw it happen on back to back possessions Sat by the same player at SK

Pendleton 8th grader Dontaie Allen has been close in both our scrimmages to getting one down. It will hppen before the year is over, and when it does, I will lose it!

 

Yesterday he took off 2-3 steps before the rim and just missed it.

  • Author
Pendleton 8th grader Dontaie Allen has been close in both our scrimmages to getting one down. It will hppen before the year is over' date=' and when it does, I will lose it! Yesterday he took off 2-3 steps before the rim and just missed it.[/quote'] Can't wait.

 

Although an 8th grader dunking is impressive.

Although i didnt get to go to the scrimmage of Bracken Co. at Manchester OH i heard That Austin Crawford had a nasty dunk over someone. I believe the term posterized was used. :eek:

 

Looking foward to seeing both kids play next month..

 

PC will turn heads although i didnt give them much credit early on i can easily admit when im wrong..

Carson Williams had at least a dozen in game dunks as an eighth grader.

At an unathletic 6'0"; I could barely tough the rim on my best day.

 

That being said, I was severely chastised once upon a time during a rec league basketball game for cutting/shoving a hip into the dad of one of Mason County's finest (he shall remain nameless). Old man defense.

15:00 is standard.

 

Yep. Most pre-game dunks end at about 15:30, just to be on the safe side.

I feel like it's a travel every time I see it.

 

That's because it is.

We all have launched in a 3 pointer or 2. The reason we are obsessed is bacause we can't do this.

https://vine.co/v/OJ229IlKwFj

 

 

That was disappointing. I thought it was going to be a vine of TAC Jr. #2! Another reason I loved watching him play!

That was disappointing. I thought it was going to be a vine of TAC Jr. #2! Another reason I loved watching him play!

 

So you were not happy with the dunk in the alumni game?

Sent you a text of one over the summer. Too large to download the simple way on here and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it.

So you were not happy with the dunk in the alumni game?

Sent you a text of one over the summer. Too large to download the simple way on here and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it.

 

I'm happy with all of his dunks! I was surprised he was allowed to play Saturday and at one point was scared to death when he went for a layup and got fouled hard. Great text.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.