Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just for Al Sharpton

Featured Replies

By reading your posts it is a logical conclusion one could come to. It's my opinion. I am entitled to it.

 

Well at least cite a post.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do I have to cite them? You know they're there. I know they're there. Do I have to post evidence every time I talk about the Giants winning 4 super bowls?

 

Come on.

  • Author
Listen to him Clyde. Every time he gives a speech he talks about how an unarmed innocent black child was murdered by a white police officer. That's how so.

It is never about how a man attacked a police officer and was shot, or even just a man was shot by a police officer. It's always innocent BLACK man shot by WHITE officer.

 

You want to hear the real Al Sharpton Clyde? Here you go

 

 

Since this post was ignored when you were asking for proof Clyde, I post it again for you.

Feel free to listen to the YouTube video, but beware it does contain harsh racist language.

Why do I have to cite them? You know they're there. I know they're there. Do I have to post evidence every time I talk about the Giants winning 4 super bowls?

 

Show your work and don't tell me you did it in your head either

There's a difference between doing something "because of race" and being "racist." That's the theme of my posts.

 

Choosing to help black causes is not racist. It's like saying I'm a racist if I choose to live in an all-white neighborhood. I may have chosen that house "because of race" but not because I'm racist. So the original premise of this thread was completely wrong.

 

Al is first and foremost an opportunist YET he also IMO does believe in promoting the fact that he and many blacks in America think they're not always getting a fair shake. Disagree with him all day long if you wish. Irrelevant. He believes it , thus, he chooses to help (again, debate whether he is or isn't helping) black families or groups of people when it appears that race may have played a role.

 

The problem is that one can't "make it about race" in the eyes of many whites without being called a racist or race-baiter. If you truly believe race is a factor how do you NOT make it about race? That's not being racist like some of you say it is.

 

So:

 

Do I think Al doesn't care about whites in Chicago being murdered? No.

 

Do I think he's racist for not going to Chicago to support white victims? No.

 

Do I think Al is a racist? Plenty of examples would say he is.

 

Do I think many of you guys conflate racism with "because of race?" Proven

 

Do I think Al's history clouds your ability to think logically occasionally? Of course it does sometimes.

 

Do I think Al latches onto stories that haven't been validated if it helps his cause? Of course. That's not unique to him.

 

Do I think he helps the "cause?" Only in that it raises awareness and causes SOME people to think. I also think many whites immediately stop considering something if Al believes it. Call it the UK#1Fan effect. So, it's a mixed bag on that one.

 

Race will always play a role in how we view the world. That will never change.

  • Author
There's a difference between doing something "because of race" and being "racist." That's the theme of my posts.

 

Choosing to help black causes is not racist. It's like saying I'm a racist if I choose to live in an all-white neighborhood. I may have chosen that house "because of race" but not because I'm racist. So the original premise of this thread was completely wrong.

 

Al is first and foremost an opportunist YET he also IMO does believe in promoting the fact that he and many blacks in America think they're not always getting a fair shake. Disagree with him all day long if you wish. Irrelevant. He believes it , thus, he chooses to help (again, debate whether he is or isn't helping) black families or groups of people when it appears that race may have played a role.

 

The problem is that one can't "make it about race" in the eyes of many whites without being called a racist or race-baiter. If you truly believe race is a factor how do you NOT make it about race? That's not being racist like some of you say it is.

 

So:

 

Do I think Al doesn't care about whites in Chicago being murdered? No.

Do I think he's racist for not going to Chicago to support white victims? No.

Do I think Al is a racist? Plenty of examples would say he is.

Do I think many of you guys conflate racism with "because of race?" Proven

Do I think Al's history clouds your ability to think logically occasionally? Of course it does sometimes.

Do I think Al latches onto stories that haven't been validated if it helps his cause? Of course. That's not unique to him.

Do I think he helps the "cause?" Only in that it raises awareness and causes SOME people to think. I also think many whites immediately stop considering something if Al believes it. So, it's a mixed bag on that one.

 

Race will always play a role in how we view the world. That will never change.

The bolded is exactly what I said in an earlier post. I truly believe he does more harm than good a lot of times because of the impression he gives off in incidents like Ferguson and the Trayvon Martin case. Al made that out as a race thing when in reality the shooter wasn't white.

 

He does more harm than good because of his past, and his criminal past at that. You are correct, he is an opportunist but that doesn't make him a good man.

No question he is profiting. However, choosing to do with via the helping of one race doesn't make him a racist.

 

Helping one's race is not racist, but using racial tensions and divides do make him a racist.

Even if the facts show that an officer was in the right, I have never seen or heard him say that maybe the officer was correct in his actions and the offender was at fault.

Again, I'm on record as saying they profit. That doesn't mean they're racists.
A race baiter is no better, maybe worse.

Furthermore upon watching the tape, Mike Brown's stepfather should be immediately put in jail for his comments about "burn this ..... down". That is very simply inciting a riot.

 

ANYONE who excuses Al Sharpton and his ilk goes down major levels in my book for 1) Being ignorant, and 2) Not being able to form their own thoughts.

After reading just bits and pieces of this thread I am now convinced that some of you guys are every bit as inciteful and race baiting as Al Sharpton. And you have kids too. :no:

"His people". "You people". "Your kind." "His kind." "Blacks".

 

I'm not easily offended but those are some of the most offensive words/phrases I can think of. JMO

"His people". "You people". "Your kind." "His kind." "Blacks".

 

I'm not easily offended but those are some of the most offensive words/phrases I can think of. JMO

 

 

For me the thoughts and thought process of people is what bothers me more so than the words.

For me the thoughts and thought process of people is what bothers me more so than the words.

 

I think you see a lot about one's thoughts and thought process if they use those words.

  • Author
After reading just bits and pieces of this thread I am now convinced that some of you guys are every bit as inciteful and race baiting as Al Sharpton. And you have kids too. :no:

i think I'm more offended by the ignorant they keep giving a voice in the media than any one person in the media.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.