Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just for Al Sharpton

Featured Replies

After reading just bits and pieces of this thread I am now convinced that some of you guys are every bit as inciteful and race baiting as Al Sharpton. And you have kids too. :no:

 

 

After watching Sharpton for years I have a firm belief he is nothing more than opportunist. He had the chance to make a real difference, but chose to be incendiary. The first I can remember of him was the Brawley case, then later I believe he defended the murderer of a Jewish man in NYC, now this Ferguson situation and many more were he defends the guilty , as if they were innocent.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fine. Not arguing whether he is or isn't. I'm just saying the fact he doesn't protest when a white guy gets shot by a black guy doesn't make him a racist.

 

You are correct. It makes him a HYPOCRITE. Sharpton and the other talking heads are setting this nations race relations back 30 years. I never look at a persons skin and judge them. I judge their actions. What I have found watching all the Ferguson stuff is beyond belief. There is no common sense to this. Do any of the protesters care about what the evidence proved? Or do they care about a agenda? Have you listened to what these people say when asked hard questions? And you wonder why there are race problems? SMH

There are race problems because for some crazy reason white people choose to make Al Sharpton the Emporer of black people and use him to qualify the rest of us for some stupid reason.

There are race problems because for some crazy reason white people choose to make Al Sharpton the Emporer of black people and use him to qualify the rest of us for some stupid reason.

 

There are race problems because no one wants to have honest discussions and listen to either side and try to understand. It's not just one sides fault.

 

I get to see this from a unique perspective. I am white and I have black children. They are from Africa. I have had to explain racism to them. The odd thing is that when one of them came home from school upset about what someone had said to her, the comment was from a black person. She was being ridicules because her parents are white. Another time, a white person told her they couldn't be her friend because she is black. My explanation to her as to why people do this was fairly simple, some people are stupid. They judge people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

 

While I am not black, I do think I can see this issue clearly.

There are race problems because for some crazy reason white people choose to make Al Sharpton the Emporer of black people and use him to qualify the rest of us for some stupid reason.
There are race problems, but not because of what you state, but you know that.

Al is the only one that thinks he has any salient characteristics for black people.

There are race problems because no one wants to have honest discussions and listen to either side and try to understand. It's not just one sides fault.

 

I get to see this from a unique perspective. I am white and I have black children. They are from Africa. I have had to explain racism to them. The odd thing is that when one of them came home from school upset about what someone had said to her, the comment was from a black person. She was being ridicules because her parents are white. Another time, a white person told her they couldn't be her friend because she is black. My explanation to her as to why people do this was fairly simple, some people are stupid. They judge people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

 

While I am not black, I do think I can see this issue clearly.

 

You're talking to the wrong person. There are people in this thread blaming race relations on Al Sharpton and I say shame on those people for making Al Sharpton my spokesperson and having their relationships and perception of black people affected by Al Sharpton. That's asinine.

There are race problems, but not because of what you state, but you know that.

Al is the only one that thinks he has any salient characteristics for black people.

 

White people seem to think that also according to this thread.

White people seem to think that also according to this thread.
I think most in this thread see Al as I see him, a race baiter. Now, I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but that's my take on this thread. I get your frustration, however.
I think most in this thread see Al as I see him, a race baiter. Now, I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but that's my take on this thread. I get your frustration, however.

 

Al is definitely a race baiting opportunist but I'll never understand why white people use him as a base for race relations. That'd be like me using Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as a base of race relations for white people. That's not fair to white people.

You're talking to the wrong person. There are people in this thread blaming race relations on Al Sharpton and I say shame on those people for making Al Sharpton my spokesperson and having their relationships and perception of black people affected by Al Sharpton. That's asinine.

 

Quit acting like you and Al aren't tight.

Quit acting like you and Al aren't tight.

 

:lol2:

 

 

We were tight until he brought the wrong beer to the party. Haven't had any use for him since then.

:lol2:

 

 

We were tight until he brought the wrong beer to the party. Haven't had any use for him since then.

 

Dude's a "pinky up" wine drinker. No doubt in my mind.

Al is definitely a race baiting opportunist but I'll never understand why white people use him as a base for race relations. That'd be like me using Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as a base of race relations for white people. That's not fair to white people.
Well, I can't tell you how many times people in opposition to the GOP use Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh as if they speak for all conservatives but that's for another thread.

Honestly, I don't know anyone personally that think Al or Jesse are anything but race baiting opportunists, they don't think they represent black people, nor do I. There are some whites that do, I agree. But then again, I think some black people think they care about them and do represent them.

Well, I can't tell you how many times people in opposition to the GOP use Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh as if they speak for all conservatives but that's for another thread.

Honestly, I don't know anyone personally that think Al or Jesse are anything but race baiting opportunists, they don't think they represent black people, nor do I. There are some whites that do, I agree. But then again, I think some black people think they care about them and do represent them.

 

I don't know many of those black people.

I don't know many of those black people.
Not claiming you do, but I'm sure you've seen them in the news at a rally.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.