Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"We Played Four White Guys And An Egyptian"

Featured Replies

  • Author
As Black on White or White on Black (or any other cross-race combo you choose) "crime"....

 

Agreed that the messenger matters. This is more of a stereotyping issue.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I'm surprised there were 4 white guys to put on the floor.

He's only a Freshman... Let's give him time to develop. :lol2:

 

Maybe he'll develop into the first Egyptian "floor general".......especially if his father was a hoops coach.

.....

 

First and foremost, I think the line is hilarious and not meant with an ounce of malice.

 

However, can you imagine if the golf coach at Rollins College said "I tried to keep it close by playing my 4 black kids and a Saudi?" That wouldn't have gone well.

I'm failing to understand how it's racist...

 

It's a white thing, you wouldn't understand.

Once I again I thought it was funny and if you are offended then get over yourself.

 

For the record, I would feel the same way if Shaka Smart made the comment.

Pitino is just keeping it real and too many times in our society someone finds a problem with that.

It's a white thing, you wouldn't understand.

 

I kind of understand...

.....

 

First and foremost, I think the line is hilarious and not meant with an ounce of malice.

 

However, can you imagine if the golf coach at Rollins College said "I tried to keep it close by playing my 4 black kids and a Saudi?" That wouldn't have gone well.

 

If the golf coach at Rollins College was black, it would be the same...

I kind of understand...

 

You only partially understand. You don't understand how we are embarassed in the layup line. It's awful to only be able to spin it up there and kiss it off the glass. Or be creative with a reverse layup.

You only partially understand. You don't understand how we are embarassed in the layup line. It's awful to only be able to spin it up there and kiss it off the glass. Or be creative with a reverse layup.

 

I can't dunk, AND I can barely make a reverse layup. :banghead:

Saying this joke by Pitino is racist makes statements on BGP about how articulate I am just as racist.

 

Is it a joke or not? Can't have it both ways.

 

Wait...you're not a short, white, bald guy with glasses?

I can't dunk, AND I can barely make a reverse layup. :banghead:

 

:lol2: if it makes you feel better, I can't swim

This thread is an instant classic and was needed today so we can all have some self-deprecating humor:lol2:

You only partially understand. You don't understand how we are embarassed in the layup line. It's awful to only be able to spin it up there and kiss it off the glass. Or be creative with a reverse layup.

 

Some of us can get the backboard slap on the layup. Makes it a little better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.