Bengals 22 Texans 13

Hellbird

O ky watched bits and pieces of the second half but was really unhappy with what I saw out of dalton -- several times under no or very little pressure he spooked out of the pocket and scrambled ... Not a good sign

AD had a stellar first half 16-18 w TD and about 150 yards. He played average the 2nd half the interception, whether offsides or not, was a poor throw. Other than that, he played well. Really they committed to the running game and I'd much rather see him scramble than throw it up for a pick.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any road win in the NFL is a good win so overall, a great day. Offense is just different with a healthy A.J. in the lineup. I would have never gone for it in the first half up 7-0 - get the points and go up two scores. The Dalton pick was atrocious and luckily it did not cost them. The way the defense was playing all game, that was the only possible way the Texans had a chance.

The thing that ticked me off the most all day was how the Bengals handled the last 1:30 of the first half. They had plenty of time to get in FG range and decent field position after a short gain to A.J. on first down. They then took over 30 seconds each to run the next 2 plays I believe. Worst display of hurray up offense I have seen. Luckily it did not cost them.

The 2 3rd down runs on 3rd and 6 and then 3rd and 16 on the very next play is what had me pulling my hair out. If they don't trust Dalton in that situation then why is he playing?

Defense stood tall today in my book

In that situation there aren't three teams in the league that would have done anything else.

I am curious what everyone thinks about the horrible clock management again by the Bengals right before halftime. I believe when they got the ball back there was 1:10 left in the half and they only got 1 play off in the last 90 secs.

It was pitiful.

On the fade pass to AJ on 4th down, I don't like the call because when Dalton throws a fade or pass along the sideline, 80% of the time he throws it out of bounds and gives the receiver no chance to make a play. On that pass to AJ if I am the QB, in my mind I say the one thing I don't want to do is throw it out of bounds. If it gets picked, who cares because it is 4th down anyway. I make sure that ball is in bounds and AJ gets a chance to catch it in bounds.

On the fade pass to AJ on 4th down' date=' I don't like the call because when Dalton throws a fade or pass along the sideline, 80% of the time he throws it out of bounds and gives the receiver no chance to make a play. On that pass to AJ if I am the QB, in my mind I say the one thing I don't want to do is throw it out of bounds. If it gets picked, who cares because it is 4th down anyway. I make sure that ball is in bounds and AJ gets a chance to catch it in bounds.[/quote']

Agreed, I'm not a fan of the fade on 4th down.

I am curious what everyone thinks about the horrible clock management again by the Bengals right before halftime. I believe when they got the ball back there was 1:10 left in the half and they only got 1 play off in the last 90 secs.

I ready stated it but this was the worst part of the game for me. And I believe this one is all on AD this time.

Always good to win on the road. Should win at Tampa next week, then if you can split with the Steelers, beat the Browns, and probably lose to Denver and that's 10-5-1 and should be enough to host a wild card game. Love how Hue has changed the gameplanning with Andy. He is pounding the ball and putting him in good situations to throw.

I ready stated it but this was the worst part of the game for me. And I believe this one is all on AD this time.

I don't think so. If you saw Andy and Marvin headed to the lockerroom at the half you could see Marvin apologizing to Andy. I think that was a Marvin Gaffe. We should find out today if the media in this town is worth 2 cents someone should bring it up at the press conference this afternoon.

O ky watched bits and pieces of the second half but was really unhappy with what I saw out of dalton -- several times under no or very little pressure he spooked out of the pocket and scrambled ... Not a good sign

See I thought the exact opposite. I have felt his pocket presence the last two weeks has been better than it ever has been. IMO he has done a great job the last two weeks stepping up when there is pressure coming and sliding to an open area to get a throw off. It actually has been the thing I have been most impressed with him the last two weeks and have been meaning to mention.

I wouldn't have complained if they passed. At least they were trying to get a first down to ice it.

If it was a closer third down then I would agree. However in third and very long like that, then a lot of things could go wrong to take you out of an opportunity to ice the game with a field goal kick too. Many different things could happen, a sack, a strip fumble, obviously the possibility of an interception, and then with how well the Texans are at tipping passes the ball could be tipped and picked off. So even though I was not comfortable at all in trusting Nugent, that was probably the best call to try to run it and hope to get a little closer. The problem is the run play didn't get them any closer. However in that case the field goal also ices the game and the last thing you want to do is take yourself out of position to even get that.

I would say its on par with the Bengals' usual course. I wouldn't expect anything different from Marvin.

See I thought the exact opposite. I have felt his pocket presence the last two weeks has been better than it ever has been. IMO he has done a great job the last two weeks stepping up when there is pressure coming and sliding to an open area to get a throw off. It actually has been the thing I have been most impressed with him the last two weeks and have been meaning to mention.

I saw AD was best in the NFL last week with releasing the ball 1.8 seconds after snap. Tough to get pressure on him that way.