Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd Nurse with Ebola

Featured Replies

Nope because she's stupid and the CDC is being careless.
An incompetent, careless government agency? I thought that the folks in government were the best and the brightest? CDC should be CDD.........Center for Disease Distribution.
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope because she's stupid and the CDC is being careless.

 

Are you changing your stance PP92? The last few days you've been saying your not scared and that you trust the gov't agencies to basically take care of this. Sounds like this incident is making you a little wary of the CDC. For the record, I am A LOT wary of the CDC. They are the modern day version of the Keystone Cops IMO. This nurse called the CDC and was told it was OK to fly WHEN SHE HAD EBOLA?!?!? And this Frieden clown is still peddling the nonsense of how we should not have a flying ban from the West African countries?!?!? I saw him on Megan Kelly's show the other night and he just looked ridiculous. I actually think he is just saying what he has been told to say by someone higher up.

 

My prediction is we will have a travel ban within the next few days but even if we do, why so late? UGH!!

An incompetent, careless government agency? I thought that the folks in government were the best and the brightest? CDC should be CDD.........Center for Disease Distribution.

 

They are smarter than I am and they have more information than I do. It doesn't mean they are above being careless. I trust them enough to make sure we don't lose half of our country because of Ebola but they are not above criticism when they are found at fault. Somebody at CDC should be fired for telling that woman she could travel on a flight.

Are you changing your stance PP92? The last few days you've been saying your not scared and that you trust the gov't agencies to basically take care of this. Sounds like this incident is making you a little wary of the CDC. For the record, I am A LOT wary of the CDC. They are the modern day version of the Keystone Cops IMO. This nurse called the CDC and was told it was OK to fly WHEN SHE HAD EBOLA?!?!? And this Frieden clown is still peddling the nonsense of how we should not have a flying ban from the West African countries?!?!? I saw him on Megan Kelly's show the other night and he just looked ridiculous. I actually think he is just saying what he has been told to say by someone higher up.

 

My prediction is we will have a travel ban within the next few days but even if we do, why so late? UGH!!

 

 

Not changing my stance but they failed in this instance and I am acknowledging that they failed. Simple as that.

 

I've always said I am not opposed to a travel ban until we get a better grasp on things. No issue with that at all. I still ain't skeered of Ebola though but as spindoc said...I don't work in healthcare. I think the people on high alert and that have a right to be panicked and should be panicked are the people in healthcare. The CDC has to do a better job of taking care of them and making sure they are protected. If they aren't protected then none of us are. Unfortunately, it seems like it took these nurses getting infected to spark that flame. The CDC needs to make sure the protocol used at the Emory Hospital is being used everywhere and they need to use every resource available to make sure that happens. That is something they should be doing yesterday. How they do that is beyond me but I hope they find a way so folks can calm down.

Wonder if the man without the Hazmat suit is in quarantine now.

 

Dallas nurse Amber Vinson's plane had mystery man without Ebola hazmat suit - CBS News

 

It seems that even the simple things of whether you need a hazmat suit or street clothes when in close proximity to an infected person are still in question.

 

Maybe clipboards provide adequate protection....:lol2:

They are smarter than I am and they have more information than I do. It doesn't mean they are above being careless. I trust them enough to make sure we don't lose half of our country because of Ebola but they are not above criticism when they are found at fault. Somebody at CDC should be fired for telling that woman she could travel on a flight.
You hold elected officials and bureaucrats to much too high of regard. This summer, the U.S. government/Obama imposed a travel ban on Israel simply to pressure Prime Minister Netanyahu into accepting a ceasefire agreement. But we can't put a travel restriction on countries where a contagious disease is raging? That alone should tell you all you need to know.

Not enough education or training is why this is happening. It is going to happen to a small # of people just due to law of averages.

Still doesn't make sense to me. Why didn't standard universal precautions protect them?

Still doesn't make sense to me. Why didn't standard universal precautions protect them?

 

As symptoms become worse Ebola becomes more dangerous for healthcare workers. If you make one mistake you can easily contract it. There should be very few and only well trained people, treating these patients. Ebola is very dangerous but very unlikely for any of us to get, as long as they quarantine the few who have it in the states.

As symptoms become worse Ebola becomes more dangerous for healthcare workers. If you make one mistake you can easily contract it. There should be very few and only well trained people, treating these patients. Ebola is very dangerous but very unlikely for any of us to get, as long as they quarantine the few who have it in the states.

 

I understand that. I have been a nurse for a very long time. All health care workers are ingrained with universal precautions. It is second nature. My question is HOW it is contracted if basic universal precautions are observed? It is supposedly only transferred via blood and body fluids. Believe me, I have been involved in blood and body fluids in HIV and hepatitis patients. Universal precautions have always been adequate. How specifically, does this differ?

 

I am not trying to feed into the hysteria because I don't think the general public is at risk. I truly don't believe anyone on the plane is at risk.

 

The term "quarantine" hasn't been used since the days of small pox and polio. Who should be quarantined and why?

Edited by Beechwoodfan

I understand that. I have been a nurse for a very long time. All health care workers are ingrained with universal precautions. It is second nature. My question is HOW it is contracted if basic universal precautions are observed? It is supposedly only transferred via blood and body fluids. Believe me, I have been involved in blood and body fluids in HIV and hepatitis patients. Universal precautions have always been adequate. How specifically, does this differ?

 

I am not trying to feed into the hysteria because I don't think the general public is at risk. I truly don't believe anyone on the plane is at risk.

 

The term "quarantine" hasn't been used since the days of small pox and polio. Who should be quarantined and why?

I'd argue I deal with more blood and spit than everyone on this board combined. So BWF, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. But to date, has anything really changed in standard precautions? Has there been any changes for you guys? There aren't for us with the exception of a few more probing questions. Personally I will tell you this, if you have a fever in my office, you're headed to the house. And that's always been my policy, not something new.

Now, the geniuses at the licensing boards suggest we inquire about their travel history. So, if you've been to Africa, Texas, or Cleveland, you're out.

I'd argue I deal with more blood and spit than everyone on this board combined. So BWF, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. But to date, has anything really changed in standard precautions? Has there been any changes for you guys? There aren't for us with the exception of a few more probing questions. Personally I will tell you this, if you have a fever in my office, you're headed to the house. And that's always been my policy, not something new.

Now, the geniuses at the licensing boards suggest we inquire about their travel history. So, if you've been to Africa, Texas, or Cleveland, you're out.

 

I thought if one had been to Cleveland that that had ALWAYS been the case, so what's new?:idunno::lol2:

I'd argue I deal with more blood and spit than everyone on this board combined. So BWF, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. But to date, has anything really changed in standard precautions? Has there been any changes for you guys? There aren't for us with the exception of a few more probing questions. Personally I will tell you this, if you have a fever in my office, you're headed to the house. And that's always been my policy, not something new.

Now, the geniuses at the licensing boards suggest we inquire about their travel history. So, if you've been to Africa, Texas, or Cleveland, you're out.

 

 

Haha! The only thing that has changed for us is travel questions also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.