Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd Nurse with Ebola

Featured Replies

I thought if one had been to Cleveland that that had ALWAYS been the case, so what's new?:idunno::lol2:

 

Cleveland is awesome.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cleveland is awesome.

 

Spent a month in Cleveland one weekend. Went to the Flats. No, it's not.:no:

Spent a month in Cleveland one weekend. Went to the Flats. No, it's not.:no:

 

The Flats? Yeah, of course it was awful.

 

If you missed out on the Ontario Street Cafe (one of the great bars on the planet) then you didn't see Cleveland, as far as I'm concerned. Stopped in a couple months ago when I was up there and had an awesome conversation about basketball with two old men who were already arguing about it when I walked in.

 

Cheap beer, good sandwiches, and -- at least in August -- no Ebola.

I understand that. I have been a nurse for a very long time. All health care workers are ingrained with universal precautions. It is second nature. My question is HOW it is contracted if basic universal precautions are observed? It is supposedly only transferred via blood and body fluids. Believe me' date=' I have been involved in blood and body fluids in HIV and hepatitis patients. Universal precautions have always been adequate. How specifically, does this differ? I am not trying to feed into the hysteria because I don't think the general public is at risk. I truly don't believe anyone on the plane is at risk. The term "quarantine" hasn't been used since the days of small pox and polio. Who should be quarantined and why?[/quote']

 

We're never going to know but you have to believe an error was made by the nurse, or something unforeseen happened. It's not an airborne disease, so somehow the nurse came in contact with it.

The Flats? Yeah, of course it was awful.

 

If you missed out on the Ontario Street Cafe (one of the great bars on the planet) then you didn't see Cleveland, as far as I'm concerned. Stopped in a couple months ago when I was up there and had an awesome conversation about basketball with two old men who were already arguing about it when I walked in.

 

Cheap beer, good sandwiches, and -- at least in August -- no Ebola.

 

Now hold on there a second partner. One place of interest in a "major" city does not a cool city make. Heck, I'm sure there's a rib joint or someplace in the middle of downtown Detroit that I would just love. And may be ebola free as well (but at this point whose sure about that.:idunno:). But I'm not gonna go out of my way to find out. I mean..you know...it's Detroit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.