Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burfict fined $25,000 for twisting ankles

Featured Replies

Could have and should have been worse.

Glad to see the NFL came down on him before he seriously hurts someone.

Should have been suspended a couple of games.

 

Agreed. They're admitting by punishing him that they think what he did was intentional and dirty...If that's the case he should be suspended at least one game. This isn't a player wearing the wrong color socks...

Agree he should be suspended and fined. Playing dirty isn't the way to play the game. But I still love burfict.

Tooooooo much money invested in the ankles he is trying to hurt. Deserves worse.

10k for wearing awful headphones but 25k for intent to injure. Yeah OK NFL.

10k for wearing awful headphones but 25k for intent to injure. Yeah OK NFL.

 

And 30k for dunking on a goalpost.

Once again the league HQ looks like complete and utter idiots

Once again the league HQ looks like complete and utter idiots

 

Why?

Agree with most of you, should have been more, especially for a repeat offender. The reason the league looks silly is because of what they fine people for headphones, socks, etc.

Agree with most of you, should have been more, especially for a repeat offender. The reason the league looks silly is because of what they fine people for headphones, socks, etc.

 

That and how can they preach that they are trying to make the game safer and then not suspend someone that they admit was intentionally trying to injure opposing players?

$5600 for chucking a ball in the stands. Just sayin.

I guess I disagree with most on this thread. I think the NFL got it about right. I don't think guys should get suspended every time they do something wrong. He was given a substantial fine (25k) which I think is appropriate. Now if he does it again, I am for suspending him. BTW, I agree that the severity of some of the other fines given to players for wearing Beats, dunking over goal posts, etc. is definitely ridiculous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.