Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In the market for a new TV

Featured Replies

Buying a new flatscreen for the new digs. Thinking 65-70 in. Any recommendations, or things to stay away from?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never been disappointed with a Vizio.

Mitsubishi's are always nice.

Get that 79" UHD at Best Buy. It's 7K but worth it.

I'm in the market for one as well. Debating between 55 & 60, likely going with Samsung.

I was looking at this one. Sad thing is I wanted the bigger one next to it, which was much more, but a close friend of mine who worked at Best Buy quit a few days beige I went to look at TV's, taking away a huge discount. I really loved the picture quality and sound.

 

image-4137589552.jpg

I got a 60" Vizio that has wifi and other stuff I don't know how to use but I love it.

If I was buying a TV tomorrow, it would either be Samsung or Sony.

 

We have a pair of 46's. One's a Samsung & the other is a Sony. Samsung has a better picture & Sony the better sound.

I am a big believer in Consumer Reports' evaluations. Their top two picks in the 60 inch television class is the Samsung PN60F8500 and the LG 60PB6900. The LG cost is only about $1100 which is less than half of the Samsung.

4k.

That is what the one was that I originally was looking at. In told that in a few years that about all TVs will be 4k, something like that.

That is what the one was that I originally was looking at. In told that in a few years that about all TVs will be 4k' date=' something like that.[/quote']

 

Eventually but price will have to come down as it will over time.

4k.

Not worth the extra money right now. There's basically nothing that broadcast in 4k...yet.

I bought a Samsung 46" about 4 years ago and love it, no problems. Upgraded to a Samsung 60" smart tv in June. After 2 weeks it stopped working completely, wouldn't even come on, and had to return it for a new one. About 3 weeks ago the picture went out. Could still hear it but no picture. Had to have the panel replaced.

I got 2 new Vizios in the last 18 months and very satisfied with both.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.