Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 2014-15 Schedule

Featured Replies

That shouldn't best factor for them, there are 340+ schools to choose from, the vast majority from this half of the country.

 

The move is odd, period, so much so there has to be a reason for it. I'm glad their guarantee money is burning a hole in their pockets, but it is an unnecessary expense for the department. That trip is going to cost them a minimum of $20,000 -- just silly. Again, there has to be a reason (I hope).

 

Don't larger schools give guaranteed money to bring teams in? Basically to pay for expenses? It may be worth more to them than hosting a semi local team that nobody cares about. They have to rent the BOK don't they?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't larger schools give guaranteed money to bring teams in? Basically to pay for expenses? It may be worth more to them than hosting a semi local team that nobody cares about. They have to rent the BOK don't they?

 

Yes, schools in the upper tier have guarantee games, but that isn't the case if it is a home-and-home (like Idaho, and I presume Eastern Washington). How NKU spends it, is up to them, but they don't get expenses covered....a game check. That game check from a UC or Xavier can range between $40,000 and $70,000 based on a myriad of factors (none of which NKU would be rewarded by), but small schools don't ever pay guarantees, they just do return trips.

 

I wonder if BOK is being used for some "Disney on Ice" nonsense over Thanksgiving, and that necessitates the back-to-back road games. That wouldn't explain the unnecessary travel expense of heading to the NW, but it would at least explain why they are leaving town. Of course, it also brings to light what I've mentioned on here several times, there is a HUGE difference between being a Basketball Arena that occasionally hosts events, and a leased out Event-based arena that also hosts Basketball games. NKU is clearly the latter.

Be very lucky to get 10 wins......

11/14 @ Wisconsin

11/16 @ Nebraska

11/19 North Carolina A&T

11/22 Ohio Mid-Western

11/26 @ Eastern Washington

11/29 @ Idaho

12/3 Tennessee-Martin

12/7 West Virgina

12/14 UC-Clermont

12/16 @ Chattanooga

12/19 @ Morehead State

12/22 Idaho

12/27 @ Northwestern

12/31 @ Youngstown State

1/3 Toledo

1/10 @ Lipscomb

1/14 Kennesaw State

1/17 @ USC Upstate

1/22 North Florida

1/24 Jacksonville

1/29 @ Stetson

1/31 @ Florida Gulf Coast

2/7 Lipscomb

2/12 Florida Gulf Coast

2/14 Stetson

2/19 Jacksonville

2/21 @ North Florida

2/25 @ Kennesaw State

2/28 USC Upstate

 

That is a tough schedule for fans to get excited about unless NKU starts winning a lot. Sometimes the opponent can be the draw. Not with this schedule and not in a 9400 seat arena.

West Virginia and Florida Gulf Coast (due to two years ago NCAA run) will draw fans. That is about it.

Yes, schools in the upper tier have guarantee games, but that isn't the case if it is a home-and-home (like Idaho, and I presume Eastern Washington). How NKU spends it, is up to them, but they don't get expenses covered....a game check. That game check from a UC or Xavier can range between $40,000 and $70,000 based on a myriad of factors (none of which NKU would be rewarded by), but small schools don't ever pay guarantees, they just do return trips.

 

 

I wonder if BOK is being used for some "Disney on Ice" nonsense over Thanksgiving, and that necessitates the back-to-back road games. That wouldn't explain the unnecessary travel expense of heading to the NW, but it would at least explain why they are leaving town. Of course, it also brings to light what I've mentioned on here several times, there is a HUGE difference between being a Basketball Arena that occasionally hosts events, and a leased out Event-based arena that also hosts Basketball games. NKU is clearly the latter.

 

Women have a game vs Ohio at home on 11/25. Nothing in arena currently scheduled until 12/3 game that men have vs Tenn-Martin.

Last year Navy drew a slew of fans. Navy members (current and former) plus the casual fan. I do not see anybody on the schedule that is going to draw the casual fan to go see a team play. A few Toledo alum in the area maybe at that game.

Women have a game vs Ohio at home on 11/25. Nothing in arena currently scheduled until 12/3 game that men have vs Tenn-Martin.

 

Adds to the oddity.

 

Frank...did you get my PM?

Adds to the oddity.

 

Frank...did you get my PM?

 

Yes I did. I still think we need the answer to "Does NKU count as a non D1 school still?" Because I would imagine some schools simply cannot schedule them yet.

 

And I'm sure they would love the paydays like UK and UNC last year but maybe Nebraska and Wisconsin are all that offered.

 

It is not a terrible schedule for a school that can't get in the NCAA tourney yet.

West Virginia and Florida Gulf Coast (due to two years ago NCAA run) will draw fans. That is about it.

 

Whichever game is the Homecoming Game will draw decent well too. Last year it was the same game as Florida Gulf Coast though.

Yes, schools in the upper tier have guarantee games, but that isn't the case if it is a home-and-home (like Idaho, and I presume Eastern Washington). How NKU spends it, is up to them, but they don't get expenses covered....a game check. That game check from a UC or Xavier can range between $40,000 and $70,000 based on a myriad of factors (none of which NKU would be rewarded by), but small schools don't ever pay guarantees, they just do return trips.

 

I wonder if BOK is being used for some "Disney on Ice" nonsense over Thanksgiving, and that necessitates the back-to-back road games. That wouldn't explain the unnecessary travel expense of heading to the NW, but it would at least explain why they are leaving town. Of course, it also brings to light what I've mentioned on here several times, there is a HUGE difference between being a Basketball Arena that occasionally hosts events, and a leased out Event-based arena that also hosts Basketball games. NKU is clearly the latter.

 

NKU season ticket holders were told at the end of the first season when the last two home games had to be moved to Regents Hall because of a scheduling conflict that, moving forward, the basketball teams would be the priority in scheduling the BOKC.

I would like to assume that EVERY school in the OVC and MAC (just to name a few) were contacted. I know it has to be hard to schedule being a new DI school but can it really be THAT hard? Their schedule has been decent these last two years but I would have to agree that the trip out to the Northwest is odd but they went to San Diego to start last season for 4 games and they do have the return trip from Idaho.

 

Also, I can't believe that Bezold is still the HC. Another season well below .500 overall and in conference and he has to go.

I would like to assume that EVERY school in the OVC and MAC (just to name a few) were contacted. I know it has to be hard to schedule being a new DI school but can it really be THAT hard? Their schedule has been decent these last two years but I would have to agree that the trip out to the Northwest is odd but they went to San Diego to start last season for 4 games and they do have the return trip from Idaho.

 

Also, I can't believe that Bezold is still the HC. Another season well below .500 overall and in conference and he has to go.

 

Just wait.

Just wait.

 

I feel pretty solid in saying he has AT LEAST this year and next year before the AD even thinks about firing him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.