Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 2014-15 Schedule

Featured Replies

Just wait.

 

What do you mean? Is he already on the hot seat or do you mean it's definitely going to be longer (as blueandgold is saying)?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel pretty solid in saying he has AT LEAST this year and next year before the AD even thinks about firing him.

 

I'd be surprised if he makes it that long given his record and the fact that there is a new AD. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I would be surprised. I don't think he can recruit at the D1 level. He lived off of D1 transfers when they were a D2 program (which many good lower level programs do). I thought they would try to get an experienced, relatively young D1 assistant who has recruited well and/or with local ties (John Brannen came to mind when they were going D1). On top of that, I just don't like his in-game demeanor or decisions. I thought he was on the brink of losing his team in the middle of last season. I understand giving him the chance to take the team to D1 since he was there for 10 years but I don't see the program moving forward with him.

The answer for that job is a 15 minute drive away...

I would like to assume that EVERY school in the OVC and MAC (just to name a few) were contacted. I know it has to be hard to schedule being a new DI school but can it really be THAT hard? Their schedule has been decent these last two years but I would have to agree that the trip out to the Northwest is odd but they went to San Diego to start last season for 4 games and they do have the return trip from Idaho.

 

Also, I can't believe that Bezold is still the HC. Another season well below .500 overall and in conference and he has to go.

 

The OVC would not admit NKU because being in a major population area with a new arena they were considered to have an unfair advantage compared to the other OVC members. So I doubt they are looking to play NKU. The MAC has enough known teams that they can get Pay Days from major D1 schools and probably get major conference bottom feeders to do a Home and Home.

The answer for that job is a 15 minute drive away...

 

Who?

The OVC would not admit NKU because being in a major population area with a new arena they were considered to have an unfair advantage compared to the other OVC members. So I doubt they are looking to play NKU. The MAC has enough known teams that they can get Pay Days from major D1 schools and probably get major conference bottom feeders to do a Home and Home.

 

Morehead State came to BOKC last year and I said "to name a few". There are 10-12 minor conferences that are east of the Mississippi. The point was that it was questionable as to why they were going to the great NW for games.

Your point about the MAC makes my larger point---that it is difficult to schedule when you're at the bottom of the D1 pool.

I'm be rooting for the Norse , my freshman nephew ( a fine golfer and member of back to back state champion baseball teams ) is the hoops student manager .

I'm going to try and make the WVU game.

I feel pretty solid in saying he has AT LEAST this year and next year before the AD even thinks about firing him.

 

As soon as they are a full-fledged D1 member he is gone. Hence my multiple references to WKU's David Elson. He is the pitcher in the blowout taking one for the team so you don't waste an arm in the bullpen. He isn't the long-term answer.

 

GT is referring to Xavier's Associate Head Coach Travis Steele, and I agree he'll be the odds-on favorite. I would expect Johnny Brannen to work his tail off for a shot, but I am with GT that it is Travis' if he wants it. Doesn't hurt that one of Trav's former players has joined the staff this year as an assistant, former Xavier guard / wing Dante Jackson. He'll have every ounce of info he'll need to hit the ground running if and when he takes the helm.

 

Dave's title may as well be "interim".

What do you mean? Is he already on the hot seat or do you mean it's definitely going to be longer (as blueandgold is saying)?

 

As soon as they are a full-fledged D1 member he is gone. Hence my multiple references to WKU's David Elson. He is the pitcher in the blowout taking one for the team so you don't waste an arm in the bullpen. He isn't the long-term answer.

 

GT is referring to Xavier's Associate Head Coach Travis Steele, and I agree he'll be the odds-on favorite. I would expect Johnny Brannen to work his tail off for a shot, but I am with GT that it is Travis' if he wants it. Doesn't hurt that one of Trav's former players has joined the staff this year as an assistant, former Xavier guard / wing Dante Jackson. He'll have every ounce of info he'll need to hit the ground running if and when he takes the helm.

 

Dave's title may as well be "interim".

 

Mentsch hit the nail on the head of what I meant by my "just wait" comment. I've talked to people connected to the program and what I've gathered is that once they are eligible for the NCAA, someone else will be leading them through the season.

still think we need the answer to "Does NKU count as a non D1 school still?"

 

They count as a D1 opponent now, that is no longer a factor.

 

They are using a portion of an earlier buy game to fund the trip, and they have caught some flak from the families of the kids who will be spending Thanksgiving in the NW. No reason for the trip in terms of a kid being from there or the like.

They count as a D1 opponent now, that is no longer a factor.

 

They are using a portion of an earlier buy game to fund the trip, and they have caught some flak from the families of the kids who will be spending Thanksgiving in the NW. No reason for the trip in terms of a kid being from there or the like.

 

Good that they count as a D1. Families of kids should be seen and not heard. It is D1 for goodness sakes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.