September 23, 201412 yr 11/14 @ Wisconsin 11/16 @ Nebraska 11/19 North Carolina A&T 11/22 Ohio Mid-Western 11/26 @ Eastern Washington 11/29 @ Idaho 12/3 Tennessee-Martin 12/7 West Virgina 12/14 UC-Clermont 12/16 @ Chattanooga 12/19 @ Morehead State 12/22 Idaho 12/27 @ Northwestern 12/31 @ Youngstown State 1/3 Toledo 1/10 @ Lipscomb 1/14 Kennesaw State 1/17 @ USC Upstate 1/22 North Florida 1/24 Jacksonville 1/29 @ Stetson 1/31 @ Florida Gulf Coast 2/7 Lipscomb 2/12 Florida Gulf Coast 2/14 Stetson 2/19 Jacksonville 2/21 @ North Florida 2/25 @ Kennesaw State 2/28 USC Upstate
September 23, 201412 yr Mercer switching conferences allowed for two more non conference games. 3 Big 10 schools on the road and getting WV to Bank of KY. Good stuff. Not a fan of the UC-Clermont and Ohio Mid - Western games though.
September 23, 201412 yr Why not a fan of the UC - Clermont and Ohio Mid-Western games? Wouldn't you say that those are comprable to a power conference team playing a small D1 or large D2?
September 23, 201412 yr They've been playing UC-Clermont every year for a while. They might have some type of agreement with them. West Virginia coming to BOKC. Think Huggins is throwing Kevin Schappell a bone? Hopefully I can make many of the home games this year.
September 23, 201412 yr Why not a fan of the UC - Clermont and Ohio Mid-Western games? Wouldn't you say that those are comprable to a power conference team playing a small D1 or large D2? Yes, and I get your point but those power teams are giving the visiting team cash. That is not going to happen in this scenario. Heck they should just revive the Thomas More series if they are going to play Ohio Mid-Western. I am sure somebody can find the KY. Post Rifle that went to the winner of that game!!!!
September 23, 201412 yr They've been playing UC-Clermont every year for a while. They might have some type of agreement with them. West Virginia coming to BOKC. Think Huggins is throwing Kevin Schappell a bone? Hopefully I can make many of the home games this year. True on the UC-Clermont front................ Are they NAIA?
September 23, 201412 yr Playing Idaho home and home is a quirk in the schedule as well. But NKU is getting two games in the Northwest that is a good trip. Idaho is just coming here and leaving on the game scheduled on the 22nd. Still not a bad program to bring in to BOK. Also with 7 home and 8 road non conference games, beginning to see that balance which is also cool! Overall a really good schedule in the third year of Div. 1.
September 23, 201412 yr Nice schedule for the Norse. Have they played a ranked team in regular season their short history of D1? I know they had Louisville as an exhibition a few years ago.
September 23, 201412 yr Mercer switching conferences allowed for two more non conference games. 3 Big 10 schools on the road and getting WV to Bank of KY. Good stuff. Not a fan of the UC-Clermont and Ohio Mid - Western games though. I'm sure there are a lot of games on UK's or UofL's schedule that people aren't a fan of but you need home games (and wins). Check every small DI program and you'll see a few local colleges or universities on their schedule that you've never heard of from DII or NAIA.
September 24, 201412 yr Author Nice schedule for the Norse. Have they played a ranked team in regular season their short history of D1? I know they had Louisville as an exhibition a few years ago. Kentucky and North Carolina last year. Ohio State 2 years ago.
September 24, 201412 yr Just because I understand the rationale does not mean I am a fan of those two games. :thumb:
September 24, 201412 yr .... The trips to the NW make no sense at all. Expanding that recruiting base isn't the answer. The guarantees from EWU and Idaho would be minimal compared to what you could get from the much larger programs east of the Mississippi. Why the unnecessary travel expense of 5 days in the NW over Thanksgiving? Think of the monies the kids' families are going to have to shell out to make that trip. Seems really, really odd. Honestly, I would have expected a much better structured schedule this year than this, but then again, given the Head Coach and the transition at the top, I probably shouldn't have.
September 24, 201412 yr .... The trips to the NW make no sense at all. Expanding that recruiting base isn't the answer. The guarantees from EWU and Idaho would be minimal compared to what you could get from the much larger programs east of the Mississippi. Why the unnecessary travel expense of 5 days in the NW over Thanksgiving? Think of the monies the kids' families are going to have to shell out to make that trip. Seems really, really odd. Honestly, I would have expected a much better structured schedule this year than this, but then again, given the Head Coach and the transition at the top, I probably shouldn't have. :idunno: Curious as to the issue here.....I am pretty neutral on Coach Bezold.....Not a fan but not really sure he is bad either.
September 24, 201412 yr :idunno: Curious as to the issue here.....I am pretty neutral on Coach Bezold.....Not a fan but not really sure he is bad either. I'm in the Not a fan category. Love to support the local team though.
September 24, 201412 yr .... The trips to the NW make no sense at all. Expanding that recruiting base isn't the answer. The guarantees from EWU and Idaho would be minimal compared to what you could get from the much larger programs east of the Mississippi. Why the unnecessary travel expense of 5 days in the NW over Thanksgiving? Think of the monies the kids' families are going to have to shell out to make that trip. Seems really, really odd. Honestly, I would have expected a much better structured schedule this year than this, but then again, given the Head Coach and the transition at the top, I probably shouldn't have. I get what you are saying about the trip. My comment on good trip is that it is much better than going out and playing one game. IF you are going to Idaho you should get a second game as well. But I never thought about your statement about going east. Would make more sense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.