Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hue Jackson is reckless

Featured Replies

He has all these toys to play with. Sanu's arm, 2 good running backs, the best receiver in the league, etc... I don't mind his play calling at all. He knows he has a great defense with him.

 

My only problem is red zone play calling. But with our defense it hasn't mattered.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle ran the same play to Russell Wilson who took a big shot on his throwing shoulder after he caught the pass.

Luckily the Tennessee DB was thinkin he'd be fined or else we may be subjected to a Jason Campbell led team.

  • Author

And the Titan DB said they practiced against that play, we are lucky lucky lucky we still have our starting QB.

 

And for you peeps that say the screen was safe, you know what was safe in that situation, RUNNING THE BALL was safe.

 

Overall I like what I see from Hugh but we can't afford to be reckless or that will get us beat when we play the other top teams in the NFL and/or get our QB hurt.

And the Titan DB said they practiced against that play, we are lucky lucky lucky we still have our starting QB.

 

And for you peeps that say the screen was safe, you know what was safe in that situation, RUNNING THE BALL was safe.

 

Overall I like what I see from Hugh but we can't afford to be reckless or that will get us beat when we play the other top teams in the NFL and/or get our QB hurt.

 

The INT was a poor throw from Dalton & a poor job by Bernard. If either one of them would have done better, it's a 30+ yard gain.

If Bernard catches that screen instead of tipping it up, he runs a long way. I was sitting right there and saw it develop. The Titans DB made a good play to intercept it.

  • Author

I saw it live too, the point is there is a lot more room for error in the screen pass than a run when you are up big on a team and dominating them. The only way TN gets back in the game at that point is if we turnover and they get a quick score before half. It was a stupid play call.

I saw it live too, the point is there is a lot more room for error in the screen pass than a run when you are up big on a team and dominating them. The only way TN gets back in the game at that point is if we turnover and they get a quick score before half. It was a stupid play call.

 

I get what you are saying, but it is a pretty safe play and I have no problem with the call. The problem was that the OL did not even engage with the DL and then move to block for the screen. The DL had a straight shot a AD. He probably should have just laid down an taken the sack.

 

They are doing more risky things than normal offensively and defensively. They are no where near as predictable as in the past. They have been lucky on some, but genius on others. When you do that you sometimes look stupid. Arians at AZ is the riskiest in the business and he is the best offensive play caller in the NFL IMO.

 

Also, AD has looked more comfortable and confident than ever. Some of that can be and is experience, but I believe a lot of it is Hue.

I saw it live too, the point is there is a lot more room for error in the screen pass than a run when you are up big on a team and dominating them. The only way TN gets back in the game at that point is if we turnover and they get a quick score before half. It was a stupid play call.

 

Maybe...maybe not. Another team, sure. But there is a degree of confidence that the coaches have in all 3 aspects of the Bengals. 1) They believed that the defense could hold the opponent down if something bad happened (which they did) 2) They believe in the offense to make something happen in a short period of time because of the number of playmakers 3) They believe in the special teams (which played well yesterday too).

  • Author

I know guys, we have to take the bad with the good.

I'm convinced. Some people simply love to complain. They won 33-7 for goodness sakes!

  • Author
I'm convinced. Some people simply love to complain. They won 33-7 for goodness sakes!

 

I want to protect our QB and I don't want to give any games away. I realize the "give any games away" is subjective because the unpredictability makes most teams more dangerous but I don't want the Bengals risking Dalton, he is much too valuable.

  • Author

And while I am at it, Who Dey!

First on the pass to Dalton, the DB should have cut Dalton in two.

 

Second not sitting on the ball with 50 seconds left and turning it over.

 

Sooner or later that kind of play calling is going to bite us.

 

For years everyone has complained about the offensive play calling and how bland it was. I admit when I saw the Dalton play I thought he was toast, but I applaud the creativity shown.

 

Can't have it both ways! Keep them guessing.

I'm pretty happy that this is what it has come to. Complaining about trivial insignifcant events after a 33-7 blowout? Much better talking about what ifs and could ofs than the actual gaffes we used to discuss.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.