What you like best about football season.

kypride

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I love High School Football more than any other sport is because I get to see the expressions on a young boys face as he fulfills his life long dream of playing under the Friday Night Lights.

I love going to the games and seeing 3rd and 4th graders tossing a small plastic football back and forth behind the endzones of a high school field as they pretend to be their favorite high school varsity player they look up to.

Then realizing these same young men suiting up on a Friday night were those very same little kids chasing eachother around behind the endzone only 7 and 8 years ago as they are now the ones who have little kids looking up to and dreaming of being them one day.

I can't help it, but that is what I love most about Football season. Not the turning of the leaves, but the turning of a wide eyed little boy into a young man making his own dreams come true.

I love High School Football.

1. Sweatshirt and shorts weather!

2. You don't have to go to work the next day and you can actually relax at the game!

3. Talking football with friends!

4. Football that is not a business; these kids are out there because they want to play - purest form of the game!

I love going to the games and seeing 3rd and 4th graders tossing a small plastic football back and forth behind the endzones of a high school field as they pretend to be their favorite high school varsity player they look up to.

Then realizing these same young men suiting up on a Friday night were those very same little kids chasing eachother around behind the endzone only 7 and 8 years ago as they are now the ones who have little kids looking up to and dreaming of being them one day.

This is great Hellbird!

Renewing friendships. Traveling by bus to out-of-state games. Enjoying the Freshmen and JV games along with varsity games of my favorite team. The squeezing in visits to arch-rivals games and renewing those friendships.

Post game Trinity home games-usually 15 or so visit local eatery to rehash game and watch highlights from different news programs.