Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kanye...Stand Up!!!

Featured Replies

Kanye West's show is not exactly wheelchair friendly. The artist stopped his concert in Sydney on Friday to make everyone stand.

 

According to the Independent, he told the crowd, "I can't do this show until everybody stand up. Unless you got a handicap pass and you get special parking and s--t."

 

When an audience member did not stand, it turned out that he was in a wheelchair.

Kanye could not believe that every fan was not standing and said, "This is the longest I've had to wait to do a song."

 

Watch the incident captured by a YouTube user.

 

Another fan had to physically wave her prosthetic leg for Kanye to say "Ok, you fine."

 

Once Kanye realized why they were seated, he continued the show as if this public shaming for not standing for him never happened.

Kanye stops concert to tell wheelchair-bound audience members to stand up - MSN Music News

I'm glad that once he saw the woman waving her leg at him he decided "OK, you fine"

Maybe Kanye is taking a page out of the Vice President's Playbook by telling wheelchair bound people to stand...:no:

 

If I go to a Concert it is up to the performer to energize me enough that I want to stand...I'm not there to Stand on Command as if to worship them.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never be at a Kanye concert so I don't worry about what he does. I can't stand his music and he seems like a jerk.

Kanye being Kanye.

It may have been a big deal for the 2 people who couldn't stand up.

...I'm not there to Stand on Command as if to worship them.

 

Kanye doesn't understand people not worshipping him.

It may have been a big deal for the 2 people who couldn't stand up.

 

That's being entirely over sensitive. It's not like he discovered they were in wheelchairs and demanded they stand. He went on with the concert.

Yeah, there's nothing like drawing attention to people who, I'm sure, didn't want any of it. He went on with the concert only after humiliating them and causing the entire arena to boo the wheelchair bound person. He should just shut up and sing.

Did the kid in the wheelchair leave? Did the wheelchair person make a statement? Did anyone else from the concert leave because of this?

 

Thought so.......much ado about nothing again but yes, let's all be concerned about Kanye's poor attempt to make everyone stand up. :lol2:

What was Ben E. King thinking when he sang that one song so many years ago......................?

I blame Obama.

I blame Obama.

 

Good point. He doesn't stand for anything.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't hate me. It's just a joke......

I blame Obama.

 

Big deal - no.

 

Is Kanye an idiot regardless - yes.

 

Of course, he's also a genius.

  • Author
Did the kid in the wheelchair leave? Did the wheelchair person make a statement? Did anyone else from the concert leave because of this?

 

Thought so.......much ado about nothing again but yes, let's all be concerned about Kanye's poor attempt to make everyone stand up. :lol2:

I don't know if any left or not...but evidently enough people thought it was classless, that it was reported.

 

I'm not concerned, just starting a thread on a news story. I didn't know we should stay clear of some celebs actions and not others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.