Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Here is the video of Ray Rice knocking out his wife

Featured Replies

We're throwing out a lot of ideas for what the punishment ought to be for serious off-the-field conduct but does anyone have any idea if the union's contract has anything to say about what these penalties are supposed to be?

 

I'm thinking the CBA makes it hard to retroactively enhance a punishment once a verdict has been handed down.

 

Maybe if new evidence comes out, then yes, but apparently the NFL said at the time that they had access to all of the information that the police had access too.

 

Goodell has painted himself into a corner with this one.

 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rice finds himself hit with something else by the end of the year just so they can really stick it to him and stop the PR massacre they'll take.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the commissioner should be fired over this.

 

He needed to lose his job long ago, but if this is the straw that finally breaks the camels back I'm all for it.

 

Goodell has been a joke ever since he became commissioner. He has never had a rhyme or reason how he hands down discipline. Some cases he says he has to wait to see how the courts handle it and others he just hands down punishment even before the player is convicted of a crime. It's a joke and he has been a joke from day 1.

 

If he saw the video I'd like to know why he only decided to suspend him 2 games. This isn't court...he doesn't need a cooperative victim.

 

I'm not sure this by itself should be the reason he's fired, but there's been enough stupid throughout his time as commissioner that I wouldn't mind if this tipped the scale in that direction.

I'd imagine the people who watched the video are:

 

Goodell

Ravens coach

Ravens GM

Ravens owner

Police.

 

 

And now the rest of the world.

 

I'd say the prosecutor watched it as well.

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel 4m

 

Txt'ing with team officials around NFL, they predict Ravens will cut Ray Rice. "Have to." Not sure anyone would pick him up.

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel 4m

 

Txt'ing with team officials around NFL, they predict Ravens will cut Ray Rice. "Have to." Not sure anyone would pick him up.

 

:ohbrother:

 

Not that they're cutting Ray Rice, but doing it you know they'll be talking about how "it was the right thing to do" and all that, however, you'd have to think they are either incredibly inept at best or just caving to pressure and trying to go with the "we had to do the right thing" angle at worst.

If they were going to cut him, they should have already.

  • Author

My other issue with this is:

 

 

After watching this video, and under the new penalty system, does the NFL and anyone else really think 6 game suspension is a justifiable punishment for this offense?

My other issue with this is:

 

 

After watching this video, and under the new penalty system, does the NFL and anyone else really think 6 game suspension is a justifiable punishment for this offense?

 

 

I'm sure a lot of people say and think that. I'm sure that Ray Rice and his agents are going to want as much money as they can get and will argue that under the CBA, that this isn't going to fly. Even if it weren't for Rice and his agents, you can bet that the NFLPA will fight it behind closed doors because they see it as a slippery slope where the NFL can make up punishments as they go, not necessarily in this case, but in future cases.

Remember that thread we had a couple weeks back about Jeremy Hill's punch being worse than Rice's?

 

Anyone want to change their opinion on that one now?

If TMZ is the one that got it first, then someone probably sold it to them. Very curious as to how this came into their hands.

 

This casino is now closed. Looks like someone left their job with more than just a few office supplies. Or an owner is liquidating more than just furniture.

Wow...that punch was harder than most you would see on a football field. She was lucky she didn't die. Domestic violence (insert word I can't use here).

Remember that thread we had a couple weeks back about Jeremy Hill's punch being worse than Rice's?

 

Anyone want to change their opinion on that one now?

 

I'm waiting for Stephen A. Smith's subtle analysis detailing her part in provoking him and what preventative measures she could have taken to avoid getting beat up.

I'm waiting for Stephen A. Smith's subtle analysis detailing her part in provoking him and what preventative measures she could have taken to avoid getting beat up.

 

LOL

Seriously though, if someone spits on me before we get on the elevator, I'm certainly not getting on with them so they can do it again! And her preventive measure for this incident should have been to have left him by now because, IMO, this was not his first time hitting her.

After seeing the punch, I'm going to drop Rice from one of the fantasy leagues I'm a part of on ESPN. I don't want to keep up with this fella at all, he makes me sick.

I'm waiting for Stephen A. Smith's subtle analysis detailing her part in provoking him and what preventative measures she could have taken to avoid getting beat up.

 

Has he made a statement yet or is he just talking about Bruce Levenson?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.