Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 12 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

Ryles qb is Rytlewski, a senior.

If England didn't practice all week because of a groin issue, then no reason for him to be on the field friday night.

If you watched Ryle last year and then watched last night, you never would of known they changed coaches. Offense was anemic at best. Hope they progress as the year goes on.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryles qb is Rytlewski, a senior.

If England didn't practice all week because of a groin issue, then no reason for him to be on the field friday night.

If you watched Ryle last year and then watched last night, you never would of known they changed coaches. Offense was anemic at best. Hope they progress as the year goes on.

 

I've always thought England was on the wrong side of the ball myself. I think he could have developed into a hell of a Hybrid DE/ OLB. Very fast and can be a terrific TE but runs too straight up and down as an RB- just my two cents. If he plays in college it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them put him on D.

I've always thought England was on the wrong side of the ball myself. I think he could have developed into a hell of a Hybrid DE/ OLB. Very fast and can be a terrific TE but runs too straight up and down as an RB- just my two cents. If he plays in college it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them put him on D.

 

 

I agree with you on his development but from what I was told they were projecting him as the next Alexander when he started his freshman year. I also was told that Rytlewski was hurt and unable to play. If this is true who played QB then?

Rytlewski played 90% of the game, I think. Someone (O'Hara??)else started but was ineffective as well. Too early to tell if the issue was Ryle's QB, O line or Cooper's D. I'm hopeful that Cooper's defense is just that good.....

I don't think 7 has practiced this year, another groin or hamstring ? Hope he gets healthy quick but I think this has kept him from practice since beginning of last season. We could use a spark on offense for sure.

Allow me to amend my last post. The Raiders were competitive last night. They had some highlight reel moments. But I could tell last night how disappointed the fans and players were. It's clearly not what they had hoped/thought. Surely not a 3+ score domination as some predicted.

 

True, true, and true. I also said if we play well. We clearly did not and Cooper did. Congrats to the Jags. Hope we look learn from our losses and get better.

Some may not realize this but this Cooper Varsity is basically the same group of kids that in the 8th grade, went undefeated and walked away with the Super Bowl in the Northern Ky league or whatever it's called. As a JV team last year if I remember correctly they lost only two games, SK and Beechwood in a monsoon. In no way am I predicting or would be foolish to even think that as a varsity squad filled with mostly juniors and sophomores, this team would repeat that type of record on the field this year but don't underestimate these kids. They have a lot of spunk and spirit and to a kid they won't quit till the final second clicks off the clock. The biggest problem I've seen watching their practices and scrimmages is that the qb has tunnel vision. He has a tendency to throw the greatest percentage of his passes to his right side, regardless of who the receivers are or what the plays that are called. But then again.......I could be wrong :)

I agree with you on his development but from what I was told they were projecting him as the next Alexander when he started his freshman year. I also was told that Rytlewski was hurt and unable to play. If this is true who played QB then?

he is a good player, but let's not get ridiculous. He hasn't the speed or moves to be anything close to what Alexander was. England's best asset is his size. The speed (although some may think differently) isn't there to be a big time RB prospect. As I've said for couple years now he is a perfect TE, not a RB IMO.

 

If we remember, he was supposed to be "the best RB in the state" as a sophomore. Varsity is quite different from Freshman ball. I think he can be one of the best TE's in this area in quite sometime.

Some may not realize this but this Cooper Varsity is basically the same group of kids that in the 8th grade, went undefeated and walked away with the Super Bowl in the Northern Ky league or whatever it's called. As a JV team last year if I remember correctly they lost only two games, SK and Beechwood in a monsoon. In no way am I predicting or would be foolish to even think that as a varsity squad filled with mostly juniors and sophomores, this team would repeat that type of record on the field this year but don't underestimate these kids. They have a lot of spunk and spirit and to a kid they won't quit till the final second clicks off the clock. The biggest problem I've seen watching their practices and scrimmages is that the qb has tunnel vision. He has a tendency to throw the greatest percentage of his passes to his right side, regardless of who the receivers are or what the plays that are called. But then again.......I could be wrong :)

 

Spot on, but I'm sure some Raider is about to point out they did lose to these Raider squads in 8th and 9th. I do believe, though, some of the Raiders peaked early - hormones are a funny thing. You can be HUGE and truly dominating in youth and middle school leagues but when everyone finally gets their growth spurt, you are suddenly kinda average. Cooper did win the JV game last year in another very low scoring affair without Watson, Smith and Sand who were all playing the varsity lines. Friday night's game went exactly as I had expected (and hoped/prayed for etc!) and I think Cooper will have a significantly better season than last.

Get off of your soapbox about TE. Go coach at Ryle if you think he should play TE. We've been hearing it for three years....

 

I would tend to agree that the QB situation for Ryle needs to be addressed.

 

I will also say this about England. One of the issues Ryle will have with using him the way they did was they kept moving him around when he was in the game. Guess what? When he isn't in every snap and playing the same position (TE) it is very easy to key on him and that is exactly what teams will do.

 

Everytime he came in the game on offense the cooper players would let everyone knw and guess what? They keyed on him and they kept him contained the entire game except for his nice kickoff return.

 

If they keep him at TE all game long it is a lot harder to key on him, but when they keep him on the sidelines except for 1 play a series you know to key on him the 1 play he comes in whether it be at TE or RB.

 

Thats just my opinion, but he is too good of a player to not use him the right way.

The field was appalling. The grass wasnt cut and was soaking wet at kickoff.

The field was appalling. The grass wasnt cut and was soaking wet at kickoff.

 

Well, it did rain the day before the game. Not to mention the Cooper kids play on grass and practice on grass. Did Ryle practice on the turf? If so did they not check the weather to see that it was going to rain? Good players and teams adjust to the elements and don't make excuses.

Well, it did rain the day before the game. Not to mention the Cooper kids play on grass and practice on grass. Did Ryle practice on the turf? If so did they not check the weather to see that it was going to rain? Good players and teams adjust to the elements and don't make excuses.

 

I live not too far from Cooper and Ryle and my yard was not soaking like that field. Yes both teams had to play on it, but I find it very hard to believe that rain alone made the field & visitor side line that wet.

 

The path I walked through in the grass from where I parked was not wet. My shoes were dry when I walked into the stadium. When I left after walking on the field, they were soaked to my socks.

Get off of your soapbox about TE. Go coach at Ryle if you think he should play TE. We've been hearing it for three years....

 

Don't think Ryle needs more coaches, although they may have reduced some since Bryson left. Their dads/players on the field ratio was the highest in NKY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.