Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 12 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

Ryle surely didnt play well enough on offense to beat anyone or deserve to, but the A.D.at Cooper should be embarrassed to call that a football field. There isn't a field in Boone county that could hold that much water, I think Woodstock was in better shape?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he wasn't supposed to play at all, I believe if you don't practice you can't play ??

So now Ryle is using an excuse that Cooper soaked the field on them? That is pretty funny stuff. :popcorn:

Solid defense will again be the theme of this years Cooper team. However, they also have a very nice running back in junior Torey Cordell-Armstrong. Tough little kid. Oh yeah, and fast! I believe he was injured last year and didn't get a chance to play.

Ryle surely didnt play well enough on offense to beat anyone or deserve to, but the A.D.at Cooper should be embarrassed to call that a football field. There isn't a field in Boone county that could hold that much water, I think Woodstock was in better shape?

 

You've never been to Cooper after rain then. Field doesn't drain well.

Ryle surely didnt play well enough on offense to beat anyone or deserve to, but the A.D.at Cooper should be embarrassed to call that a football field. There isn't a field in Boone county that could hold that much water, I think Woodstock was in better shape?

I was told that Cooper asked to play at Ryle due to the field being so wet and Ryle told them no. Cooper's AD/Coach wanted to preserve the field for the remainder of the season. I don't think the field conditions have anything to do with a lack of trying.

I live not too far from Cooper and Ryle and my yard was not soaking like that field. Yes both teams had to play on it, but I find it very hard to believe that rain alone made the field & visitor side line that wet.

 

The path I walked through in the grass from where I parked was not wet. My shoes were dry when I walked into the stadium. When I left after walking on the field, they were soaked to my socks.

 

So you're accusing Cooper of watering down the field? Can't just admit Cooper was the better team?

I guarantee Coopers coach/AD did not reach Ryle to switch game fields. Its fine, no excuses are being made. Simply stating field was in horrible condition before the first snap and it hadnt rained in 36 hours or so. Good luck to cooper the rest of the season.

So you're accusing Cooper of watering down the field? Can't just admit Cooper was the better team?

 

Not accusing them of it, I just find it odd that it was absolutely soaked. I can see those conditions in late September or October, but not August.

 

Ryle's offense did not play well. Cooper's played ok and won.

 

I did think Cooper had a very nice D/Line.

I guarantee Coopers coach/AD did not reach Ryle to switch game fields. Its fine, no excuses are being made. Simply stating field was in horrible condition before the first snap and it hadnt rained in 36 hours or so. Good luck to cooper the rest of the season.

 

It rained Thursday less than 24 hours!

Don't think Ryle needs more coaches, although they may have reduced some since Bryson left. Their dads/players on the field ratio was the highest in NKY.

 

I thought Ryle's numbers were down this year - lost half their coaches to graduation?? Daddy ball has that limitation.

he wasn't supposed to play at all, I believe if you don't practice you can't play ??

 

Old Coaches rule not a real rule. If a guy is rehabbing and gets healthy or is trying to, it's the coaches decision to play that player and how mow much. He practiced very lightly with no contact. Why punish a kid who was injured. Anyone who has coached him or played against him know this kid is a special athlete who would start on any of your teams. I don't want to hear the bull it's true. Now that being said football is a team game and being misused or the best player on a bad team won't get your numbers up. Part of the lessens that football teaches: Face adversity head on and deal with it.

I think it's unfair to judge a kid who wasn't part of the game plan and wasn't healthy. Let's give it a week or two before the bashing. If I'm wrong bash away. If I'm right, Shut up.

It rained Thursday less than 24 hours!

 

It rained Thursday morning, game was friday night. Plus, do you live in Union?

It rained Thursday morning, game was friday night. Plus, do you live in Union?

 

Nope I live 20 minutes east in Pleasantville where we win football games! :D

Nope I live 20 minutes east in Pleasantville where we win football games! :D

 

Pleasantville. Now that's funny. I am sure you are ok the billboard welcoming people in

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.