Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 12 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

England had strained a groin he didn't practice all week. To let him play was a game time decision. They used him sparingly so he would continue to heal. He will be a huge part of the offense going forward. Not playing him was precautionary. He didn't play against Bryan Station either.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England had strained a groin he didn't practice all week. To let him play was a game time decision. They used him sparingly so he would continue to heal. He will be a huge part of the offense going forward. Not playing him was precautionary. He didn't play against Bryan Station either.

 

That explains a lot. Hope he is 100% soon.

Ryle needs to find an offensive line, if you don't have a lane to run or time to throw, your toast, doesn't matter who the QB, WR, TE!

 

That is true, but when he had time he was overthrowing his recievers by 5-10 yards. The flea flicker they ran should have been a TD, the wr was 10 yards beyond any DB but it was under thrown so much he was tackled as soon as he caught it.

 

Just didn't look very accurate at all.

The Cooper D Line is the best part of Cooper so don't beat up the Ryle O Line too much. They did a decent job.

A couple of questions? Who played QB tonight? Also there has been a lot of talk about huge line and D1 Material at Ryle with the Oline and such, where was that? Also if I am correct the last time Cooper beat Ryle they played in the state finals, are they that good this year or did Ryle get beat by an average team tonight that played well?

A couple of questions? Who played QB tonight? Also there has been a lot of talk about huge line and D1 Material at Ryle with the Oline and such, where was that? Also if I am correct the last time Cooper beat Ryle they played in the state finals, are they that good this year or did Ryle get beat by an average team tonight that played well?

 

Cooper did not look strong in the Dixie scrimmage.

Congratulations to the Jags. They looked better than they did against Dixie. Cooper's Oline is not the size it was a couple of years ago. The Jags seemed to move the ball much easier against Ryle in the middle of the field. A fumble cost Cooper another score. Their Dline seemed to control the line of scrimmage. They came up huge at the end of the game and caused the safety.

 

It was good to see Cooper put a game away because they lost several late last year.

How is Ryle so good on the frosh level and so bad on the varsity? I know everyone will say frosh doesn't mean anything and I agree to a certain extent. They obviously have talent out there in Union... I don't get it! :idunno:

How is Ryle so good on the frosh level and so bad on the varsity? I know everyone will say frosh doesn't mean anything and I agree to a certain extent. They obviously have talent out there in Union... I don't get it! :idunno:

 

That was also the issue at Dixie in the past. A lot of folks said once those kids got to varsity they became lost/mediocre, eventually the varsity staff was replaced.

Do you think talent gets rusty? I understood this was going to be DYNAMIC, EXPLOSIVE - especially on the offensive side of the ball. Are these kids used to playing at a mediocre level already and can't restore their skill set to a competitive level?

 

Oh, and Hellbird, did you go to the pre-game Coach Chat on Weds. night? I didn't make it but heard there was indeed more bulletin board material - out of the same mouth as last time. Somebody should muzzle that guy.

Hope the Power Rangers aren't talking yet, it's gonna take some time.

Allow me to amend my last post. The Raiders were competitive last night. They had some highlight reel moments. But I could tell last night how disappointed the fans and players were. It's clearly not what they had hoped/thought. Surely not a 3+ score domination as some predicted.

A couple of questions? Who played QB tonight? Also there has been a lot of talk about huge line and D1 Material at Ryle with the Oline and such, where was that? Also if I am correct the last time Cooper beat Ryle they played in the state finals, are they that good this year or did Ryle get beat by an average team tonight that played well?

No, this Cooper team isn't as good as the 2012 team but they are very similar to 2011 team that had the first winning season in school history. 2011 and this years team has a lot if underclassman talent like back then.

 

The one area of

Improvement they need is more

Recievers with hands. Other than that they are very young and should be competitive more times than not this year.

 

I wouldn't judge Ryles line too tough off this game, Coopers D Line is pretty tough and the strength of the team.

I will add however I think just like 2012, Ryle may have come out a little Overconfident.

 

Few weeks ago some players were saying they'd beat Cooper

By 50. Just like 2012, Cooper did their talking on the field which was fun to watch.

Do you think talent gets rusty? I understood this was going to be DYNAMIC, EXPLOSIVE - especially on the offensive side of the ball. Are these kids used to playing at a mediocre level already and can't restore their skill set to a competitive level?

 

Oh, and Hellbird, did you go to the pre-game Coach Chat on Weds. night? I didn't make it but heard there was indeed more bulletin board material - out of the same mouth as last time. Somebody should muzzle that guy.

 

No, I didn't make it there Wed.

What was said? If you don't want to post here you can on me.

 

I simply think Ryle tends to get overconfident when it comes to Cooper. They beat us last year but many believe Cooper was much better and Ryle didn't score the go ahead until the last 30

Seconds of that game. If not for that Cooper would be 3-0 against Ryle in the last 3 years with only giving up I think 1 TD in those 3 games. Maybe 2 TDs total.

 

I like when teams underestimate Cooper like they did 2012 and so far this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.