Help..... have an electrical issue

plantmanky

But still one of the more dangerous for novice who is not comfortable about medium to high voltage. Remember that even with the main breaker thrown there is still 100 or 200 amps hot inside the circuit breaker box and exposed with the cover off.

Very true. The main coming in the box is still hot. I should have mentioned that. Dealing with electric always poses a threat of danger. I just meant as the job itself, it's one of the more straight forward jobs. There's no guessing what wire goes where.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First thanks to Godot for being stand by via phone last night.

Second, wasnt the breaker either. Had to pull all the dead plugs and found one wasnt wired up for some reason. Got a plug from the basement where the power is off and were not using it, put it in and bingo, everything works. No tripps or anything all night, so I am assuming just that plug was bad.

I put a subpanel in after I built my house specifically for my Christmas lights. :)

I had one put in last year. I'm expanding my controller count this year and need to do something so I don't have to run 60+ extension cords under my garage door. Looking to go over 20k in lights this year.

I'll be calling Tom soon to get him out for an estimate.

I had one put in last year. I'm expanding my controller count this year and need to do something so I don't have to run 60+ extension cords under my garage door. Looking to go over 20k in lights this year.

I'll be calling Tom soon to get him out for an estimate.

I'm gradually switching over to LEDs to limit the extension cords.

I'm gradually switching over to LEDs to limit the extension cords.

90% of my lights are LED. Spend the money up front or in the form of higher electric bill.

I use light-o-Rama light controllers so I need all the extension cords.

All this talk and now I have an issue. The dimmer switch quit working. Pulled it to replace it and it has a sticker on it stating the warrant expires in 1975.

I can't get the replacement to work. Just another thing for Tom or his crew to look at when I call him tomorrow.

Having been seriously shocked and burned as a youngster I hate even attempting to fix any electrical issue.