Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Recruit Emmanuel Mudiay will Forgo College and Turn Pro Overseas

Featured Replies

He wasn't going to make it through the clearinghouse. They can sell it however they'd like, but that's the deal...

 

This is what I heard also. No way he was ever going to be eligible so the decision to go overseas wasn't a tough one to make.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wasn't going to make it through the clearinghouse. They can sell it however they'd like, but that's the deal...

 

Thanks for the info.

Euro leagues are grown men who don't like Americans, but cash your check kid.

Euro leagues are grown men who don't like Americans, but cash your check kid.

 

He's going to be in Asia.

I'd put my money on academics. He was at SMU. Helping his family probably wouldn't have been an issue.:D

 

Yep. SMU doesn't seem like the types to lose bidding wars.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria

 

I'm told SMU fully expected Mudiay to make it through the Clearinghouse & this whole move was based on financials and not academics

 

 

 

Could be SMU saving face here, I believe GT.

Like about everything else these days, seems to be different information floating around depending on who you talk to.

 

Gary Parrish @GaryParrish CBS

 

It takes a giant leap to believe Mudiay's decision wasn't influenced by eligibility issues. Literally nobody I've asked think that's true.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria

 

I'm told SMU fully expected Mudiay to make it through the Clearinghouse & this whole move was based on financials and not academics

 

 

 

Could be SMU saving face here, I believe GT.

 

 

Myself as well. SMU is a very, very expensive school (tuition alone is $40K per year, if that gives you the idea of the type of kid who goes there), and as much fun as I make of Dallas for how people there seem to be all about keeping up with the Jones', most SMU parents probably don't have to really play that game. I'm sure if it were an issue of money alone, someone somewhere would have found a way to help out.

SMU was looking hard for help at guard all spring. They've known for months this was coming...

Larry Brown called it a hardship issue. I'll find the link.

Larry Brown called it a hardship issue. I'll find the link.

 

If the hardship was not being cleared by the NCAA, then he's on point...

If the hardship was not being cleared by the NCAA, then he's on point...

 

I like how they are using "he was accepted into SMU" instead of he was cleared by the NCAA. Hell, I'm sure Mudiay would have been accepted by Harvard too. :lol2:

 

I like how they are using "he was accepted into SMU" instead of he was cleared by the NCAA. Hell, I'm sure Mudiay would have been accepted by Harvard too. :lol2:

 

Veteran PR move...

Was Mudiay a kid that moved down as a kid and tried to move back up to his natural class? If so, wonder if that caused him some issues. In addition, the NCAA (grrrrr) seems to focus on kids from these basketball factories more than the traditional schools.

 

The school he went to didn't help. He had teammates that graduated the year before that were ruled ineligible. Should have known it was coming, Prime Prep hasn't really been accredited it seems. They may have had some guys get cleared I don't know but I know their top players have been shut down by NCAA last couple of years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.