Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Recruit Emmanuel Mudiay will Forgo College and Turn Pro Overseas

Featured Replies

Blessing in disguise for Kentucky I'd say Cal's doing his happy dance somewhere. You take Mudiay out of the equation and I'm not sure I would take any of the other guards hands down over Ulis. Jones is the only one but he was Duke the entire way, personally I prefer Ulis. I love his toughness and he's went at Tyus Jones every time they've played. Plus you get Ulis for four years.

 

Kentucky fans better be grateful (I know I know impossible :D ), we've dodged a lot of bullets this year...

 

-kept from emploding and fallīng flat and made a run at the title game

-luck up and get the Twins, WCS, Dakari, and AP to return

-keep Cal from the Cavs and their monster deal and chance to coach his best bud Lebron

-now it was a blessing in disguise you didn't get the #1 target for the class who ended up ineligible.

 

Not sure if there's any more breaks left, we've definitely dodged some bullets.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The school he went to didn't help. He had teammates that graduated the year before that were ruled ineligible. Should have known it was coming, Prime Prep hasn't really been accredited it seems. They may have had some guys get cleared I don't know but I know their top players have been shut down by NCAA last couple of years.

 

 

I kind of feel for Prime Prep. Deion is trying to get into "the game" that a lot of Dallas privates have been playing for some time, but is finding out there are some "barriers to entry" so to speak. Lots of backlash in the Dallas area from the "haves" who are making accusations of recruiting, improper contact, and impermissible benefits that many of the "have nots" in the area probably find quite ironic considering who the ones making the accusations are.

I kind of feel for Prime Prep. Deion is trying to get into "the game" that a lot of Dallas privates have been playing for some time, but is finding out there are some "barriers to entry" so to speak. Lots of backlash in the Dallas area from the "haves" who are making accusations of recruiting, improper contact, and impermissible benefits that many of the "have nots" in the area probably find quite ironic considering who the ones making the accusations are.

 

Yeah from all accounts he's trying to do the right thing for the kids and build a powerhouse in doing so. I hate it for the kids, they are the ones getting screwed.

The Texas Education Agency has ordered Prime Prep to close. Yeah. Nothing to see here...

Yeah from all accounts he's trying to do the right thing for the kids and build a powerhouse in doing so. I hate it for the kids, they are the ones getting screwed.

 

I got a good laugh from one coach in a Dallas paper who was saying that Prime Prep had "poached" his coach... yea... the same coach that the speaker's program had basically poached from someone else a few years before. That's my issue with the whole thing. If it's just recruiting, that's one thing. I do have a problem with it if they aren't being taught or things like that. If it's some of the stuff you hear some of the other programs railing against them for, it's like hearing the pot call the kettle black.

The Texas Education Agency has ordered Prime Prep to close. Yeah. Nothing to see here...

 

With as bad as Texas Public Schools are, they must have been a special kind of inept. It's no secret about how bad public schools are down here. There are literally billboards in San Antonio that say "Want to Teach in Texas?... When Can You Start?". I thought it was a joke as some kind of satirical message from people wanting to reform the education system, but no, it wasn't. They meant exactly what they said.

Prime Prep Academy, charter school co-founded by Deion Sanders, faces closure | Dallas Morning News

 

Sounds like a lot of their problems were related to financing and free and reduced lunches and that the school is at least putting forward a face where they're taking some corrective actions (firing two and replacing them). It likely shouldn't have gotten to that point, and that one is completely on Deion for not having someone who'd do oversight the right way if he's going to put his name on it.

The hits keep coming for Larry.

 

4* SG Matt McQuaid has decommitted from SMU.

Brown never stays long and I'm sure he's planning his next move as we speak.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.