Top 10 players in Class of 2015

Between this post and your post about Dre Jackson being better than DJ Jenkins, I'm doubting your player evaluation skills.

The Northern Ky bias on this board in general is impressive. Like the kid at Simon Kenton that no one has heard of who is top 10 in the state? Be serious people.

And, I'm sorry, I never saw your evaluation of Drew McDonald, what was it that makes Miller a better player?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Northern Ky bias on this board in general is impressive.

Maybe that is well deserved. Maybe you need to realize there is talent outside Louisville and Lexington.

NKY had a pretty good year with 3 teams in the top 10 and the All "A" and the Sweet 16 State Champion!!

I would argue there are names that haven't been mentioned that should. How about Zack Pangallo (PG - NCC). Two sport star that doesn't get the publicity from AAU.

Yes I have seen Drew about 6 times since last August in various settings of elite camps and high school games. I am not saying he is not good. He's a very solid player. All I'm saying is I would love to see a matchup between he and Justin. I'm confident Justin can do more than hold his own. He has superior foot work and better hands than most post players. Now that he has a work ethic to match his skill (he's dropped 30 pounds since March) he's a force to be reckoned with.

As far as basketball outside of Louisville and Lexington, if anyone looked at our rosters, you would notice that we have very few kids from either city. We have more kids from Owensboro than we do Lexington or Louisville so before you begin to attack my statements, evaluate your own.

Lastly, Pangallo is a nice player. I asked about him back in December and was told he's a baseball kid and wouldn't play AAU because of it. Trust me, I watch kids from all over the state throughout the year. The only area of the state I don't really get into is Eastern Ky.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 5

Yes I have seen Drew about 6 times since last August in various settings of elite camps and high school games. I am not saying he is not good. He's a very solid player. All I'm saying is I would love to see a matchup between he and Justin. I'm confident Justin can do more than hold his own. He has superior foot work and better hands than most post players. Now that he has a work ethic to match his skill (he's dropped 30 pounds since March) he's a force to be reckoned with.

As far as basketball outside of Louisville and Lexington, if anyone looked at our rosters, you would notice that we have very few kids from either city. We have more kids from Owensboro than we do Lexington or Louisville so before you begin to attack my statements, evaluate your own.

Lastly, Pangallo is a nice player. I asked about him back in December and was told he's a baseball kid and wouldn't play AAU because of it. Trust me, I watch kids from all over the state throughout the year. The only area of the state I don't really get into is Eastern Ky.

Who is attacking kids? If anything your comment was a backhanded attack... You said, essentially, with my assessment of McDonald over Miller, and Jackson over Jenkins that you question my evaluation of players. Is that not saying that What I say about Jackson and McDonald being really good is wrong?

And, no one said miller or Jenkins werent good. Both certainly are! You are clearly representing your kids, while I represent kids I like, but am also a realist in regards to players in general, not just kids I personally know.

If you've seen Drew play, you should also know that his hands and footwork are also pretty darn good. I also believe he is a nice rebounder AND passer.

Of course, you want to see them play, who wouldn't? Each would hold their own, but I believe McDonald is the all around player at this point. Not an attack.... This is the type of chatter this blog is all about.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

And, Drew McDonald is not on any roster of kids I've coached, which is where this discussion started with me.... So, certainly no bias there.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

The more I read through this thread, the more I think Hagen Tyler belongs in the conversation at least. Does anyone have a highlight tape?

I have a long highlight tape of Hagen that I've been working on. It includes highlights from last season and June AAU. He averaged almost 25 PPG last season.

NKY basketball, 9th region, is weak. Don't believe me, ask the local recruiters and see if they can give you a straight answer without beating around the bush. You could say I've got an "inside" on this matter. The local players who have been mentioned in this thread are good for this area and will have successful high school careers. By far, Ruthsatz was by best point in the area and he ended up D2. There's nothing wrong with that, its a great accomplishment, but the hype given to some of the kids is over the top. You would think any top 10 from any state would receive a D1 scholarship, but on average only 7 kids from Ky will receive a D1 scholarship. I don't know if Ky's top 10 are as good as advertised?

The more I read through this thread, the more I think Hagen Tyler belongs in the conversation at least. Does anyone have a highlight tape?

Go to his twitter page @HagenTyler_2015 and there is some highlights from last season. Not very long but there's enough to see what he can do

I have a long highlight tape of Hagen that I've been working on. It includes highlights from last season and June AAU. He averaged almost 25 PPG last season.
Really look forward to seeing this. I am His uncle. When will you release this highlight tape

I can promise one thing , nobody is going to outwork Hagen. His dedication to improving his game is unmatched. Proof that if you work hard and do things the right way good things will happen. IMO there's not a better player in the state, period. If he played at a bigger school that got better exposure he would be a frontrunner for Mr. BASKETBALL. I still think he has a chance to be in the running next season. How he was left off the All State team last season is beyond me. And it's almost laughable he didn't make the Ky Jr All Star team.