May 7, 201412 yr Since the other one finally got closed....Let's actually discuss the series in this one.
May 7, 201412 yr Red Sox will get their 4th or 5th chance this season to get back to the .500 level since they won 2-3 from the Orioles in the first series of the season. Peavy vs Leake, should be a decent pitching matchup.
May 7, 201412 yr Red Sox- 9 Reds- 4 Leake's pitching line: 5.1 innings 6 runs 4 earned 2 K's 3 walks 8 hits. Brewers win tonight as well, Reds return home 7 games out. :popcorn:
May 7, 201412 yr How has Peavy pitched this year? What does his fastball top out at these days? He's been pretty good this year and has great numbers vs the Reds. Low 90s...
May 7, 201412 yr How has Peavy pitched this year? What does his fastball top out at these days? He's been solid overall. He's only allowed more than 2 earned runs in one start so far. He's still hitting low 90s on his fastball with good movement. He's allowing less than a hit per inning with 30 hits allowed in 37 innings and he's struck out 36. He's gotten in trouble with walks and high pitch counts. He's walked 21 batters already which is uncharacteristic for him. He was cruising against the Rays last week and suddenly lost the plate and walked three in a row. If he has his control he's still a quality starter.
May 7, 201412 yr OK, enough for today, I'll be back on here bright and early tomorrow, after another Reds loss tonight, good day to you all.
May 7, 201412 yr Doubtful For the record, I think Hamilton is more valuable in a pinch run/SAC bunt role than bringing someone up from the 15 day DL. I know someone mentioned that in another thread. Basically, if his legs aren't broke he stays on the roster.
May 7, 201412 yr For the record, I think Hamilton is more valuable in a pinch run/SAC bunt role than bringing someone up from the 15 day DL. I know someone mentioned that in another thread. Basically, if his legs aren't broke he stays on the roster. I felt the same way even before the season started. Even if he's just used as a defensive replacement and/or pinch runner, he's still a weapon.
May 7, 201412 yr Do you let Leake bat? I would have let Leake hit for Soto last night, and let him DH the rest of the night.
May 7, 201412 yr I still can't figure out why Price didn't use Marshall to start the bottom of the 12th last night with Ortiz and Sizemore coming up. You have to figure his shoulder his bothering him again. He hasn't pitched forever it seems like.
May 7, 201412 yr How do the DH rules work? I always thought if a pitcher was also your DH then you pretty much forfeit it considering it is like a whole new position.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.