Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville ACC Schedule Released

Featured Replies

  • Author

Casual fans across the country couldn't name 4 Big East teams...ACC is a much better known product.

 

Louisville

Syracuse

Pittsburgh

Notre Dame

UCONN

Cincinnati

Villanova

Georgetown

 

You're telling me a casual basketball fan couldn't even name half of those teams? That's not even half of the old conference.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ACC gets more national coverage than the Big East did and it's not even close. Big East was great Basketball probably even better than ACC, but even Big East Centric ESPN over blows everything in the ACC more than they did the Big East.

 

Casual fans across the country couldn't name 4 Big East teams...ACC is a much better known product.

 

BIG MONDAY ring a bell. Big East was big.

 

ACC is better now but not when Big East was in their hey day.

I'm not saying the Big East wasn't great...it was!

 

I do think a casual fan from east of the Mississippi could have named the Original Big East teams but, many would struggle to have named what conference Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida and Notre Dame were in. I know around here that sounds crazy but that's how I see it.

 

Again let me be clear the Big East was Awesome...I just think the move to the ACC is BETTER for the CARDS and will elevate them Nationally more than they are already. I don't recall anyone saying that the move to the ACC wasn't a great move for the Cards and that's what I'm saying.

  • Author
I'm not saying the Big East wasn't great...it was!

 

I do think a casual fan from east of the Mississippi could have named the Original Big East teams but, many would struggle to have named what conference Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida and Notre Dame were in. I know around here that sounds crazy but that's how I see it.

 

Again let me be clear the Big East was Awesome...I just think the move to the ACC is BETTER for the CARDS and will elevate them Nationally more than they are already. I don't recall anyone saying that the move to the ACC wasn't a great move for the Cards and that's what I'm saying.

 

In terms of naming what teams were in the conference, I think just as many people (those casual watchers) would struggle with the ACC outside of Duke and North Carolina.

 

There is no doubt that moving to the ACC was GREAT for UofL.

In terms of naming what teams were in the conference, I think just as many people (those casual watchers) would struggle with the ACC outside of Duke and North Carolina.

 

There is no doubt that moving to the ACC was GREAT for UofL.

 

Agreed. I think more people could name the Big East teams than the ACC teams.

 

Duke and UNC were the face of the ACC. I think the Big East always got more pub than all of the conferences until they blew it up. Never seen the 30 for 30 on the ACC. And never will.

 

Great recovery by UL to join the ACC.

Now....the important question.......

 

 

When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale?

Now....the important question.......

 

 

When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale? When do tickets go on sale?

 

They'll be available and expensive. Never underestimate a UofL season ticket holder's willingness to sell out his fandom for some cold, hard cash.

I still hate that the Big East died, but what the ACC is doing in the aftermath, I love. Going to be some great basketball in that conference.

Also with UK at home UL has an awesome home slate of games. Some season ticket holders are going to make a lot of lonely this year haha

  • Author
Also with UK at home UL has an awesome home slate of games. Some season ticket holders are going to make a lot of lonely this year haha

 

If I were AD, any seat that had a blue shirt in it for the UK game, I'd look up those seats and find out if they are held by a season ticket holder. If so, those tickets wouldn't be renewed the next season.

If I were AD, any seat that had a blue shirt in it for the UK game, I'd look up those seats and find out if they are held by a season ticket holder. If so, those tickets wouldn't be renewed the next season.

 

To be fair, it happens at every away school UK goes to

Patiently waiting for Duke Louisville tickets to go on sale.

 

I'll be there. Just hope Louisville fans are better hosts than UK. The last time Duke ventured to the state was the Indiana game at Rupp in the NCAA Tournament and If I remember right they had to stay in Richmond or someplace outside of Lexington because of threats,etc.

I'll be there. Just hope Louisville fans are better hosts than UK. The last time Duke ventured to the state was the Indiana game at Rupp in the NCAA Tournament and If I remember right they had to stay in Richmond or someplace outside of Lexington because of threats,etc.

 

We're generally not that worried about this sort of thing. It would involve leaving the bar and that sounds exhausting.

  • Author
To be fair, it happens at every away school UK goes to

 

If the seats weren't season tickets, I wouldn't care. There's nothing you can do about that. I WOULD do something about the season ticket holders selling to UK fans. No doubt about it. :lol2:

If I were AD' date=' any seat that had a blue shirt in it for the UK game, I'd look up those seats and find out if they are held by a season ticket holder. If so, those tickets wouldn't be renewed the next season.[/quote']

 

And you'd be out of a job, and the university slapped with a lawsuit. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.