Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn starving their players?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even as someone who supports player unionization to a certain extent, I can't figure this statement out. Unless he's refusing to eat university-provided food, I don't understand how this is possible.

Even as someone who supports player unionization to a certain extent, I can't figure this statement out. Unless he's refusing to eat university-provided food, I don't understand how this is possible.

 

That's what I'm wondering... Don't they have some kind of unlimited meal card?

Even as someone who supports player unionization to a certain extent, I can't figure this statement out. Unless he's refusing to eat university-provided food, I don't understand how this is possible.

 

Generally the training tables are for a set time period. Not hard to imagine eating after a 3 hour practice and being hungry again in a few hours when there is no free food available...

It is ancient history but I recall seeing the scholarship athletes with unbelievable piles of food on their trays, much of which left with them to be eaten later in the dorms. Can't imagine anyone "starving" unless they refuse to eat the university food as Getslow mentioned.

At UE the basketball team ate better than anyone else on campus. Had their own private dinning room during the season. The football team, however, had no particular training tables, as they were Division II, non scholarship. The university meals were sufficient, plus nobody said anything if you carried several items of fruit, etc. out with you for later that evening. I have a hard time believing that high level D1 athletes are left hungry.

I know Cal a few years ago was saying the NCAA needs to fix how players eat. He said they weren't getting enough for how much the worked out. People fail to realize, players still have to pay for good in the Lodge.

Where is all the money mommy and daddy are saving since little Shabazz is on scholarship? Feed your kids!

Where is all the money mommy and daddy are saving since little Shabazz is on scholarship? Feed your kids!

 

His parents still may not have money. If not for basketball Napier may not be in college at all.

I know Cal a few years ago was saying the NCAA needs to fix how players eat. He said they weren't getting enough for how much the worked out. People fail to realize, players still have to pay for good in the Lodge.

 

Didn't know that. Wonder how many pay vs how many just take the free food.

Didn't know that. Wonder how many pay vs how many just take the free food.

 

I would assume none. Against NCAA rules

I don't think UK players pay for Food service in their lodge but could be wrong. I know Cal has stated before that they are not allowed per NCAA rules to take food from training table back to their room to be eaten later. This entire food mess is on the NCAA not the schools IMO.

I don't think UK players pay for Food service in their lodge but could be wrong. I know Cal has stated before that they are not allowed per NCAA rules to take food from training table back to their room to be eaten later. This entire food mess is on the NCAA not the schools IMO.

 

I wonder which school will get busted first? Can you imagine?

 

Quinn Cook of Duke suspended 3 games for taking fruit back to his dorm room. :lol2: :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.