Lincoln County Open

Has the pay gotten any better for the Lincoln job? At one time it was the lowest coaching pay in the Central KY area. Plus, dealing with what some have said on here about losing top athletes to basketball it may not be that attractive of a position at the current time.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With as much success and history Lincoln has in football I would think they wouldn't have to settle just for anyone just to have a head coach. There are way more qualified people I would think interested in the job than some people that have been mentioned on this thread. I know for a fact that one such qualified person has interest in the job but not sure the person doing the hiring will consider him.

With as much success and history Lincoln has in football I would think they wouldn't have to settle just for anyone just to have a head coach. There are way more qualified people I would think interested in the job than some people that have been mentioned on this thread. I know for a fact that one such qualified person has interest in the job but not sure the person doing the hiring will consider him.

Agree. Very much a strong tradition there. However, 2 Region Finals since 1996 (they went to 4 in a row before that) doesn't make it so strong in the eyes of many who don't have any familiarity to the program/area.

Plus, most head coaches at good programs aren't going to leave their current schools this late in the year.

It's a great job. 5A East in my opinion, especially Region 4 is as wide open as any in the state.

All are "County" schools. All relatively removed from any kind of metropolitan area. Similar demographics across the board.

Who?