Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Champ back to the Ninth Region

Featured Replies

Now wait a minute,,,,,The 9th region is not the only one that holds thier regional on a college floor....

 

Besides the:

 

1st (Murray St.),

4th (Western Kentucky University),

6th (Bellarmine),

7th (Bellarmine),

11th (EKU),

13th (Arena @ Corbin),

15th (Pikeville Center), and

16th (Morehead State)

 

***Varies according to year over the past 5 or so years.

 

 

But yes, aside from those, it's "only" the 9th.

 

The point about the 9th region playing at the BOK has nothing to do with where other regions play. It is about the team from the 9th being better prepared for Rupp than they were in years past. It isn't that the 9th is getting an advantage over other regions, it is that the 9th is now better prepared and more used to a big arena than they were in the past.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's interesting about the BKA to me is that it's not even in the 9th Region. It's in the Campbell County Schools District which plays in the 10th Region.

Guess they could play at Thomas More, they are in the 9th region area lol

From a diehard Bulldogs fan congrats to Covington Catholic for a job well done in bringing the state title home!!

 

First, congrats to Cov Cath. Job well done and why you play a full 32 minutes. Second, when your region only has 3 state titles not sure it came home. With that being said, the 9th region has finally seen the light. You don't get much better playing the same teams in your area over and over. A team must play more athletic teams and that has paid off.

Guess they could play at Thomas More, they are in the 9th region area lol

 

As nice as the Connor Convocation Center is at Thomas More, the depth perception behind the baskets is more like a high school gym than a bigger college arena.

First, congrats to Cov Cath. Job well done and why you play a full 32 minutes. Second, when your region only has 3 state titles not sure it came home. With that being said, the 9th region has finally seen the light. You don't get much better playing the same teams in your area over and over. A team must play more athletic teams and that has paid off.

 

Without a doubt, this is the reason they are more competitive. Playing 1-2 Top 20 teams in February outside your region will make you better.

Playing the better Cincinnati teams helps as well. I know CCH has recently started scheduling more and more Cincinnati teams.

I would think that NCC will be a Top 5 team next year, although I know it is early. CCH and Holmes won't be far behind. I see the the 9th being competitive for quite a while in the region and in the state.

I would think that NCC will be a Top 5 team next year, although I know it is early. CCH and Holmes won't be far behind. I see the the 9th being competitive for quite a while in the region and in the state.

 

From what I've heard, early coach discussions in the 9th have NCC and Dixie 1 and 2 next year.

From what I've heard, early coach discussions in the 9th have NCC and Dixie 1 and 2 next year.

 

I agree NCC should be #1 to start the year. CovCath will have Cole and Bo back, mixed in with Will Heppler in the post, and Grant Romes, Schumate, and Theobald all returning on the wing. You also have kids from the top JV team in the area, specifically Flood, who you can add to the mix. I'll be interested to see if Ziggy gets any varsity run as a back-up next year.

 

So if CovCath has Cole, Schumate, Romes, Schuh and W. Heppler....is Dixie going to be better than that? Not sure. I think Holmes is 4th, in spite of having the best player in the region, which in many ways mirrors Dixie with BH this year.

From what I've heard, early coach discussions in the 9th have NCC and Dixie 1 and 2 next year.

 

You have been talking to Chevy way too much.....LOL.....

I think Angel will see a lot varsity time.

 

That would shock me, to be honest. I think Brent will be a nice player at some point, but I don't think he'll be playing a lot past 7:00 next year.

That would shock me, to be honest. I think Brent will be a nice player at some point, but I don't think he'll be playing a lot past 7:00 next year.

 

I think it really depends on both of their growth over the summer. Ziggy lost some baby fat from his 8th to 9th grade season, he is stilling growing into his body. I'm not sure if Brent has another growth spurt or not, he jumps out of the gym. They are both great for each other, Zigs calms Brent down when he gets too wirey and Brent lights a fire under Zigs with his passion. You could see their chemistry in the finals against NCC.

What's interesting about the BKA to me is that it's not even in the 9th Region. It's in the Campbell County Schools District which plays in the 10th Region.

 

Last count has 3 teams in the 10th from Campbell County and 5 from the 9th?

 

Last count has 3 teams in the 10th from Campbell County and 5 from the 9th?

 

I believe the comment was referencing that BOK is located physically in the 10th region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.