Johnson Central 58 Campbell County 56

Come on Spindoc the Camels were turning the ball over all night! Why in the world did you think they could hold it for over a min at the end? Everyone saw that coming that watched the game. I do agree it is a good strategy for most games but not in that game with the way things were going.

How much time left when they turned it over?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time seeing Shane Hall play.

I came away with a one word description. Lazy.

Way too much talent to be that passive.

I've seen several people label this kid as lazy. I hate to put that kind of a label on a high school kid not knowing anything about him. I also expected a lot more from him based on the hype and everything that I had heard, as he certainly lacked assertiveness.

He looks to me like he's just a "complacent" kid who isn't as assertive as he could or probably should be. Some kids are just like that. It does not mean that they are lazy.

With his size and athletic ability, he could/should completely dominate a team like Campbell County. But it takes a certain "mentality" to take over a game. That "mentality" is what I think he lacks. Maybe they will work on that with him at the next level.

roughly 10 seconds. Ball was stolen between the hash and mid-court on a trap, was kicked ahead to a streaking JC player who laid it in about the 6-7 second mark. Camel players had successfully in-bounded the ball and appeared to be able to get up the court quickly, but the TO had been awarded to the bench down court (times are approximate).

Clock was set at 4.6 seconds for the final play.

Trailing 51-49, Corey Holbrook nails a dead-man 3-point bomb to give the Camels the lead, and then has a STRONG driving layup on the next possession after JC tied it with 1 FT, giving the Camels a 54-52 lead. Showed great senior leadership.

Five cold-blooded points in the fourth quarter .. wish he had the opportunity to score with the game tied in last minute.

Great to see kids come through in the clutch. He'll always have that memory.

I've said all year long that for the Camels to be successful the offense needs to run through him. I think he stepped up and showed his Sr. leadership over the past few weeks. On a side note, Corey lost his grandfather on Monday. Prayers to Corey, Elliott and the entire Holbrook family.

I was saying no no don't hold it for the last shot. Too much time for a turn over, play the game hold it for a last shot with 30 seconds or less maybe. I with the flow of the game and the amount of turnovers CC team has already given up, I believe you attack try to get to rim being patient don't force a bad shot. Then you make it or get fouled. Any lead at all at the end and reverse the pressure on JC. Great effort by both teams and both should be proud. I believe anyone watching this game was thinking the same thing. JC pressure was giving CC fits.

I've said all year long that for the Camels to be successful the offense needs to run through him. I think he stepped up and showed his Sr. leadership over the past few weeks. On a side note, Corey lost his grandfather on Monday. Prayers to Corey, Elliott and the entire Holbrook family.

Prayers to Corey, Elliott and the entire Holbrook family.

roughly 10 seconds. Ball was stolen between the hash and mid-court on a trap, was kicked ahead to a streaking JC player who laid it in about the 6-7 second mark. Camel players had successfully in-bounded the ball and appeared to be able to get up the court quickly, but the TO had been awarded to the bench down court (times are approximate).

Clock was set at 4.6 seconds for the final play.

I don't mean any disrespect at all when I say this, but if you are able to hold the ball til the 10 sec mark and get it ripped, well, not sure you deserve that one. Perhaps many are right, play it out. But I can surely understand the logic to hold it.

First, JC does absolutely nothing to get the two bigs the ball. They just play...which is why they will get dusted Friday by Scott Co. Second, everyone seems to be talking about the last 10 seconds or so. IMO the turning point of the game was when CC took a needless timeout with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter. A CC was even attacking the basket which would have given them a 10 point lead. Out of the timeout, they turn it over and JC hits a 3. Now a 5 point game and the game was never the same after.

Wilson for Campbell quit looking for his shot in the 2nd half. Several times he would get the ball in the paint with room to get a shot off but would kick it back outside. I think this was a key in the Camel's loss, along with the team's sloppy ball handling and passing.

He is a nice player with a lot of upside. I was surprised when I learned he was only a sophomore. He plays older than that.

I remember one possession in the second half where he received a pass in the middle of the paint, no defensive pressure and he was indecisive and decided to pass. He learn from those mistakes as a youngster.

I've seen several people label this kid as lazy. I hate to put that kind of a label on a high school kid not knowing anything about him. I also expected a lot more from him based on the hype and everything that I had heard, as he certainly lacked assertiveness.

He looks to me like he's just a "complacent" kid who isn't as assertive as he could or probably should be. Some kids are just like that. It does not mean that they are lazy.

With his size and athletic ability, he could/should completely dominate a team like Campbell County. But it takes a certain "mentality" to take over a game. That "mentality" is what I think he lacks. Maybe they will work on that with him at the next level.

Passive is another word I used. You say complacent, not assertive - - all the same.

Last night was the eye test for me - when you jog up and down the floor and only get involved in about half of the possessions that spells lazy to me.