Johnson Central 58 Campbell County 56

First, JC does absolutely nothing to get the two bigs the ball. They just play...which is why they will get dusted Friday by Scott Co. Second, everyone seems to be talking about the last 10 seconds or so. IMO the turning point of the game was when CC took a needless timeout with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter. A CC was even attacking the basket which would have given them a 10 point lead. Out of the timeout, they turn it over and JC hits a 3. Now a 5 point game and the game was never the same after.

I was wondering about that myself ... Not sure what happened there as it looked like they were ready to make a layup. ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen several people label this kid as lazy. I hate to put that kind of a label on a high school kid not knowing anything about him. I also expected a lot more from him based on the hype and everything that I had heard, as he certainly lacked assertiveness.

He looks to me like he's just a "complacent" kid who isn't as assertive as he could or probably should be. Some kids are just like that. It does not mean that they are lazy.

With his size and athletic ability, he could/should completely dominate a team like Campbell County. But it takes a certain "mentality" to take over a game. That "mentality" is what I think he lacks. Maybe they will work on that with him at the next level.

I wouldn't label him as lazy. I'd call him introverted. He'll need to shake that off if he's planning on getting any minutes at the next level.