Johnson Central 58 Campbell County 56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JC doesn't look for Hall and Gullett enough on offense. Put Hall on the block, Gullett on his wing, make them pick who they'll guard. With their size. The Saluers kid can stroke it, so let him get in position for ball reversal. That'd be challenging to try and defend.

Hall's had some back issues this year. If you think he's soft you should watch last year's State game between JC and Ballard. Hall played very well that game.

It was my first time seeing him play and I'm not the only one on the board that came away unimpressed. Looked lazy and didn't seem to want to mix it up or exert himself. Maybe it was just one game, but how one could lack fire and fortitude playing in the Sweet 16 is rather surprising. I am not trying to condemn the kid who has had a fine career, but he sure didn't look like the player that has gotten the publicity he has.

It was my first time seeing him play and I'm not the only one on the board that came away unimpressed. Looked lazy and didn't seem to want to mix it up or exert himself. Maybe it was just one game, but how one could lack fire and fortitude playing in the Sweet 16 is rather surprising. I am not trying to condemn the kid who has had a fine career, but he sure didn't look like the player that has gotten the publicity he has.

But have you seen his dunk stat? I have seen him many times, mostly on the AAU circuit. I pretty much have the same impression you have, though I have seen him have some monster games.

Come on fellas, really? You're tied, and unless you turn it over (which they did, unfortunately for them)you can't lose. I can't imagine that I'd have played that any other way. Give your guys a shot to advance or play OT. Hindsight coaching is awesome.

Come on Spindoc the Camels were turning the ball over all night! Why in the world did you think they could hold it for over a min at the end? Everyone saw that coming that watched the game. I do agree it is a good strategy for most games but not in that game with the way things were going.

Trailing 51-49, Corey Holbrook nails a dead-man 3-point bomb to give the Camels the lead, and then has a STRONG driving layup on the next possession after JC tied it with 1 FT, giving the Camels a 54-52 lead. Showed great senior leadership.

Five cold-blooded points in the fourth quarter .. wish he had the opportunity to score with the game tied in last minute.

Great to see kids come through in the clutch. He'll always have that memory.

Edited by justsayin

Trailing 51-49, Corey Holbrook nails a dead-man 3-point bomb to give the Camels the lead, and then has a STRONG driving layup on the next possession gives the Camels a 54-51 lead. Showed great senior leadership.

Five cold-blooded points in the fourth quarter .. wish he had the opportunity to score with the game tied in last minute.

Great to see kids come through in the clutch. He'll always have that memory.

Young man is a real nice player. Really stepped up big the last 3 or so weeks of the season!

Any next level play for him?