March 19, 201412 yr T.J. Warren pretty much unstoppable. X taken out by one of those "inferior" ACC teams. NC State proves they belong.
March 19, 201412 yr seems to happen every year the team everyone thought shouldn't be in the tournament wins at least one game
March 19, 201412 yr seems to happen every year the team everyone thought shouldn't be in the tournament wins at least one game They still haven't won in the tournament yet in my eyes.
March 19, 201412 yr I think NC State is a lock to beat St. Louis. I havent seen much of St Louis but NC State didn't wow me at all. Would be shocked if they made any run in the tournament.
March 19, 201412 yr NC State is playing well lately, and they have one of the best players in the country. I have them beating St. Louis as well. Too much offense for the Billikens. Not a fan of Xavier the last couple of seasons. Can't or don't want to put my finger on it just yet, but it seems to me this team underwhelms me most every time I watch them.
March 19, 201412 yr Author Three additional takeaways that I had: 1) Tyler Lewis is the perfect example of a point guard. He also looks like the last kid you would pick in a game on the playground. 2) Matt Stainbrook - one rebound from a double double. He is fun to watch when he is playing well. 3) Dee Davis did the best he could guarding Warren. It didn't help.
March 19, 201412 yr 3) Dee Davis did the best he could guarding Warren. It didn't help. Justin Martin, but your point is correct. Dee Davis, on the other hand, was awful. The no-look lob (UNSUCCESSFUL) in transition was a microcosm of their overall sloppiness last night.
March 19, 201412 yr As much as I like the POY, I thought the game was as much how poor X played vs how well NCState played. I think StLou will be a different animal than X.
March 19, 201412 yr Author Justin Martin, but your point is correct. Dee Davis, on the other hand, was awful. The no-look lob (UNSUCCESSFUL) in transition was a microcosm of their overall sloppiness last night. I stand corrected if that was the case of who was guarding him most of the time. I was going off of what I thought I heard in the broadcast.
March 19, 201412 yr I didn't know anything about Tyler Lewis prior to this game, but while watching him I couldn't help but think that if this kid can be effective at this Division 1 level of college ball than so could be Nick Ruthsatz. Perhaps I'm all wet and some may laugh at this assessment, but to me there is no level in college ball too high for Nick as I think that with his smarts and tenacity he'd find a way to adjust and fit in to any situation. I believe in the kid and think that he is that good. Some may say he's not tall enough, but I've never seen much of where that's been an obstacle for him. He always seems to find a way. Findlay got a great deal.
March 19, 201412 yr ^I think you're selling Lewis short....Kid was a top 50 recruit, 4 star rating, numerous high major scholarship offers. PG to one of the premier prep school programs in the country. Ruthsatz is very good, probably deserving of a low D-1 level school, but Lewis is a different level IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.