Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NC State 74 Xavier 59

Featured Replies

I think NC State is a lock to beat St. Louis.

 

SLU is all sorts of beat up; Jett is limping as is Loe. Have lost four of five games heading into the tournament. Tough break too, this was SLU's year; all five starters are going to graduate.

 

Didn't matter which team won this game, that team is going to beat SLU.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At point do the natives get restless with Chris Mack at the helm? Is it already happening?

At point do the natives get restless with Chris Mack at the helm? Is it already happening?

 

They shouldn't.

 

Next year not only will the two best players return, they'll be adding Remy Abell to the mix. And from what I understand, he's got a decent recruiting class coming in as well.

 

NC State hit a stride at the right time; they've won four in a row in a stretch that includes wins at Pittsburgh and vs. Syracuse in the ACC tournament.

 

Mack will have another solid outing next year.

 

The X supporters had better not get too big for their britches. Xavier did a great job in hiring its last several coaches. Start chasing out guys that actually make the NCAA tournament on a regular basis and you never know what you're going to end up with.

Mack is what Xavier fans have wanted it seems...A Xavier guy who most likely won't be tempted by the bigger jobs, if he ever gives them a reason to be interested in him.

I wonder if Semaj is leaving early for the NBA. He's a projected mid to late 1st round pick, but the game last night did not help his stock much.

I wonder if Semaj is leaving early for the NBA. He's a projected mid to late 1st round pick, but the game last night did not help his stock much.

 

I would think his stock would be due to rise on a return. Xavier should have a nice team and can expect some success. Creighton will take a step back with McDermott's graduation and I think the Musketeers could be in a position to really turn some heads; Christon will only look better in that light.

Mack is what Xavier fans have wanted it seems...A Xavier guy who most likely won't be tempted by the bigger jobs, if he ever gives them a reason to be interested in him.

 

I would say you've misread the situation.

I would say you've misread the situation.

 

So you think he's using the program as a stepping stone to bigger jobs, as his predecessors did??

They shouldn't.

 

Next year not only will the two best players return, they'll be adding Remy Abell to the mix. And from what I understand, he's got a decent recruiting class coming in as well.

 

NC State hit a stride at the right time; they've won four in a row in a stretch that includes wins at Pittsburgh and vs. Syracuse in the ACC tournament.

 

Mack will have another solid outing next year.

 

The X supporters had better not get too big for their britches. Xavier did a great job in hiring its last several coaches. Start chasing out guys that actually make the NCAA tournament on a regular basis and you never know what you're going to end up with.

 

"Decent" is understating the class for next year. It's a top 20 class (16 in 247 Sports) and they got a top 50 player in Blueitt.

So you think he's using the program as a stepping stone to bigger jobs, as his predecessors did??

 

Didn't say that. You said he "most likely" won't be tempted by bigger jobs. I'd argue that he would entertain a "bigger job."

 

Lots of things go into a coach's decision on when to leave.

Didn't say that. You said he "most likely" won't be tempted by bigger jobs. I'd argue that he would entertain a "bigger job."

 

Lots of things go into a coach's decision on when to leave.

 

Sorry, he likely won't bolt for the first "bigger job" that shows interest. Is that better?

 

At this rate, however, I'm not so sure many better jobs are interested in him.

I would think his stock would be due to rise on a return. Xavier should have a nice team and can expect some success. Creighton will take a step back with McDermott's graduation and I think the Musketeers could be in a position to really turn some heads; Christon will only look better in that light.

 

Assuming he comes back, Xavier should be very good next season.

Sorry, he likely won't bolt for the first "bigger job" that shows interest. Is that better?

 

At this rate, however, I'm not so sure many better jobs are interested in him.

 

That is correct. He already turned down a bigger payday at a SEC program and a few others that reached out.

 

I will say this. I think there is one job out there in a power conference that would get him to interview should it come open, as expected, in the very near future.

 

And I admit that "better" is defined differently by every person.

 

And I admit that "better" is defined differently by every person.

 

Moving to the Big East certainly helped raise the profile of the Xavier program, but I would still venture they're not on par in terms of financial resources as most of the power conference teams, would that be accurate?

I will say this. I think there is one job out there in a power conference that would get him to interview should it come open, as expected, in the very near future.

 

 

Following another former Xavier coaches footsteps perhaps?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.