KY JR All-Stars invites goes out

12th region with loads of young talent. 5 players selected. Hagen Tyler, Ronnie Carson, Timmy Taylor , Jacob Conway , and Peyton Woods. Don't be surprised if one or maybe even 2 of these players make the team . Can't think of a better natural PG then Taylor and IMO Tyler is the best scorer in the junior class (trying not to be to biased). Carson is probably the 2nd best scorer in the class. Going to depend on what the coaches want to go with . If they go guard heavy or big man heavy. I would say it depends on what Indiana has and they will try to match up wth them. Should be a very competitive tryout. I can't ever remember a player from Boyle Co getting invited to tryout.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Pangalo is a pretty good natural point guard. He distributes well, can score when needed, is quick, has nice vision, will fear no guard defensively....I haven't seen Taylor play, but I have heard great things. Plays with an edge from what I've heard. In my opinion, and I am biased here, but Austin Schreck is a really good pg. Most don't see it because he plays a 3 for his HS, but over the summer he runs the show. Great ball security, good vision, is strong to the hoop, long, rebounds very well, and can score when needed. But, he always looks to get teammates involved, which really good PGs do. Needs a more consistent jumper, and pick up the defensive intensity on every play, but I think he'll pick that up real soon. He spends a lot of time on his game.

Who picks these teams? Is there a ballot? Seems like a lot of kids from similar regions, but they aren't necessarily from teams that have been "ranked" or favored to win it all this year....

How does Carson Williams make the list as a sophomore?

How much stock do we put in this list?

From NKY:

James Bolden- Holmes

Drew McDonald- Newcath

Zack Pangallo- Newcath

Bo Schuh- Covcath

2014 (starts at J)

Nick Ruthsatz

Jake Schulte

Going to assume Hatton and Quinton Chames both received invites as well. Hatton was apart of the JR All Stars last year.

Glad to hear Chames got an invite. Big fan of his game here.

Kyle Gullett of Johnson Central for sure should have got a tryout.

There are probably a couple of other kids that should be on that list. I know most of the list are major contributors on the respective HS team. I know a few that play a high level of AAU ball that should be on that list as well (Michale Stafford, Jax Levitich - Trinity, Will Parker - MALE) but at some point a lot of the kids are about the same and it becomes a best fit for the team. You have to build a team that can compete and Indiana is no joke, KY is far behind. It also come down to High School coaches marketing their kids to get them to the next level. In my opinion playing on the Senior team is more highly regarded than playing on the Junior team. As most Juniors who play at a high level during AAU season will be playing bigger tournaments during the tryout time (Weekend April 11 - 13). for Juniors, this is the last year to make a big run on the AAU circuit...

I believe the site mentioned colleges will be at try-outs but I don't see how seeing that evaluation weekend is the last week of April.

Can you tell us a little more about him? Position, strengths, etc.

6'7" wing, avg 16 ppg, shoots over 40% from behind the arc and has a great understanding of the game. Also has great hops and doesn't hurt that is a perfect 4.0 student with a 31 on the ACT already.

• 3 weeks later...