KY JR All-Stars invites goes out

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is more worthy for a Jr going to be a Sr: Playing for the KY Jr all-star team or playing with their respective AAU team?

Kentucky All-Stars Announce 2014 Junior and Senior All-Star Tryout Selections « Kentucky All-Stars High School Basketball Classic

Just saw your question.

If if the kid is on a quality AAU team then missing a weekend to play for KY should be a non-issue.

Dre Jackson should be on this list. One of the most underrated players in the state IMO. Avgd over 20 pts and had 5 or 6 assts a game according to most of the stat lines I looked at. Also, took the reigns of a team that has some really good senior leaders. He also helped Campbell to win the district with a win over Brossart. This kid will have a chance to prove himself this summer and in his Senior season.

Also like Schreck as a top 5 Jr. In the 9th, and agree that it's tough. Some real solid juniors in NKY.

Dre Jackson should be on this list. One of the most underrated players in the state IMO. Avgd over 20 pts and had 5 or 6 assts a game according to most of the stat lines I looked at. Also, took the reigns of a team that has some really good senior leaders. He also helped Campbell to win the district with a win over Brossart. This kid will have a chance to prove himself this summer and in his Senior season.

Also like Schreck as a top 5 Jr. In the 9th, and agree that it's tough. Some real solid juniors in NKY.

I was talking to a friend just yesterday about Jackson. I did not get to see him this year but my friend raved about his game.

I've been a big fan of Dre Jackson's for a while too. Saw Campbell play 3x this year, and he was always a really tough match-up for his opponents. I'd like to see his effort be a little more consistent, but in terms of skills and abilities, he is really under-rated. He and the big Wilson kid in the middle will be a great pairing next year for the Camels.

If Clyde's list was all of northern KY, I'd have Jackson right behind Bolden and McDonald, ahead of the guards listed and Schreck from Dixie. Like I mentioned earlier, not to be negative, but I don't get the hype on the Schuh kid from CCH.

I

If Clyde's list was all of northern KY, I'd have Jackson right behind Bolden and McDonald, ahead of the guards listed and Schreck from Dixie. Like I mentioned earlier, not to be negative, but I don't get the hype on the Schuh kid from CCH.

Mine was just the 9th. As I said, I didn't get to see the Camels this year.

From the 9 th Brenden Stanley would be the #2 junior on my list.

Over who???

I'd take Bolden, McDonald, and Pangallo over Stanley. An argument could be made for Stanley over Bo and maybe Pangallo but no way I take him over Bolden or McDonald.

Sorry. Meant #3.

Disregard the last post I made.

I could agree with this. Just depends which Stanley shows up. I've watched him finish with 4 points and look average then also watched him drop 30+ and look like an all state candidate.

I've been a big fan of Dre Jackson's for a while too. Saw Campbell play 3x this year, and he was always a really tough match-up for his opponents. I'd like to see his effort be a little more consistent, but in terms of skills and abilities, he is really under-rated. He and the big Wilson kid in the middle will be a great pairing next year for the Camels.

Agree on Wilson as well. Young man will only get better and he is strong. Needs to improve rebound position against opposing bigs, but he will have the ability and opportunity to dominate next year.

Pangallo is really tough! He is really producing on a team with a lot of talent around him with minimal opportunity. Stanley also really good, but has to be the man on that team. Should score 20-30 every night. He does very well in his position.