Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 58 Cincinnati 57

Featured Replies

Why does the reason matter?

 

It doesn't really... But GT was alluding to the idea that it shouldn't be a technical because you can't call one when you're jumping/falling out of bounds.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The UC player that attempted to call the TO. He was either already on the ground or very close... Just trying to help clarify on the jumping out of bounds and calling TO debate...

 

Unless my eyes were wrong, it appeared to me he was pulled out by a jersey tug.

That was one of my first thoughts as well. Even said it to my son. However, when watching the replay the thought hit me that I think that's ONLY if you're airborne. He wasn't.

 

However, I'm not 100% on that one. You may be right.

 

I will check.

 

Checked. The rulebook specifically says it can't be granted when airborne.

 

TO should have been granted to UC with a T given. 2 shots for UL and UC with the ball under their basket.

 

When I watched it live and saw the official talking to Mick I assumed he was trying to say that SK landed before he charged. That would have explained to me why he awarded FTs.

 

However, college defines a "player control" foul differently. PC ends as soon as the ball leaves the hands on a shot. So SK did not commit a PC foul. Had the shot gone in it would have counted.

 

FTs were awarded correctly by NCAA rules as far as I can tell.

 

Isn't this virtually impossible given the changes to the charge rule in that a secondary defender can't slide in after the upward motion begins? He slid in so late the shot was already released, right???

Isn't this virtually impossible given the changes to the charge rule in that a secondary defender can't slide in after the upward motion begins? He slid in so late the shot was already released, right???

 

I didn't watch the replay to see if he got there in time. I was thinking he based it on something else and was watching for that so I can't answer that.

 

I was only speaking to why the FTs were merited.

I watched the game from my deck without sound and I didn't understand why UC wasn't granted the TO when Titus called while his feet were clearly on the ground. I guess it was best for UC if they didn't have a TO left.

Gift! Sorry, I had to. :lol2:

Gift! Sorry, I had to. :lol2:

 

If only it were relevant.

I wonder what guidelines refs are giving when going to the monitor. In the NFL it's "keep it what you called unless there's clear evidence...."

 

In real time I thought it bounded off of the UC player's foot. Obviously it bounced off of Russ. I didn't think it hit the UC player's foot when it was rolling.

I wonder what guidelines refs are giving when going to the monitor. In the NFL it's "keep it what you called unless there's clear evidence...."

 

In real time I thought it bounded off of the UC player's foot. Obviously it bounced off of Russ. I didn't think it hit the UC player's foot when it was rolling.

 

They only showed the angle once or twice, but the ball changed direction.

They only showed the angle once or twice' date=' but the ball changed direction.[/quote']

 

In your eyes. Not in mine.

They only showed the angle once or twice, but the ball changed direction.

 

In your eyes. Not in mine.

 

I'm with Clyde. I saw every angle and saw the corner angle several times that had the clearest view of whether it hit the UC players foot. I did not see the ball change direction.

I'm with Clyde. I saw every angle and saw the corner angle several times that had the clearest view of whether it hit the UC players foot. I did not see the ball change direction.

 

You couldn't have seen the angle I'm talking about then.

You couldn't have seen the angle I'm talking about then.

 

I am talking about the angle from the corner that had the clearest view of the ball rolling between the UC players' leg and hand. The ball did not change direction. I watched closely to see if the spin on the ball changed and could not see the spin changing, which would have happened if it touched the UC player.

 

However, I will say that camera angles are not 100% proof. There is still judgment involved. It is just more proof that still has to be viewed and judged. I remember a UK game, I believe it was a key tournament game, a couple years ago where there was a corner 3 point shot being reviewed. They showed several camera angles and in every one it looked like the UK player's toe was on the 3 point line. Then they showed an angle from the baseline that clearly showed his toe was behind the three point line. I would have sworn it was not a 3 point shot after seeing the first few camera angles. When they showed that baseline view, it was obvious it was a 3 pointer. The first 3 or 4 camera angles hurt, more than helped, in trying to decide if it was a 3 pointer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.