Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 58 Cincinnati 57

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a charge. No bonus on a player control foul. Should have been UL ball out of bounds...

 

When I watched it live and saw the official talking to Mick I assumed he was trying to say that SK landed before he charged. That would have explained to me why he awarded FTs.

 

However, college defines a "player control" foul differently. PC ends as soon as the ball leaves the hands on a shot. So SK did not commit a PC foul. Had the shot gone in it would have counted.

 

FTs were awarded correctly by NCAA rules as far as I can tell.

This may have been one of the worst shooting games in the first half I've ever seen among 2 top 11 teams.

If I am not mistaken, a player signalling timeout when there are no timeouts is not an automatic technical. The official was probably aware they were out of timeouts so he didn't give them the timeout. If the official awards the timeout and then finds the team has no timeouts, then it is a technical.

 

I think high school and college are the same in their wording for this situation.

 

If seen by the official the TO should ALWAYS be granted. The official is never to ignore it even if the team has used all of their TOs. It is to be granted AND a T is to be issued.

I think high school and college are the same in their wording for this situation.

 

If seen by the official the TO should ALWAYS be granted. The official is never to ignore it even if the team has used all of their TOs. It is to be granted AND a T is to be issued.

 

You cannot call a TO while falling out of bounds in college, correct???

This may have been one of the worst shooting games in the first half I've ever seen among 2 top 11 teams.[/quote

Hard defense out there today.

This may have been one of the worst shooting games in the first half I've ever seen among 2 top 11 teams.[/quote

Hard defense out there today.

Some of it I credit to defense, but most were just bad shot choices mostly by UC.

You cannot call a TO while falling out of bounds in college, correct???

 

That was one of my first thoughts as well. Even said it to my son. However, when watching the replay the thought hit me that I think that's ONLY if you're airborne. He wasn't.

 

However, I'm not 100% on that one. You may be right.

 

I will check.

He was laying on the ground...

He was laying on the ground...

 

Can you narrow down for us who you are talking about?

Can you narrow down for us who you are talking about?

 

The UC player that attempted to call the TO. He was either already on the ground or very close... Just trying to help clarify on the jumping out of bounds and calling TO debate...

I ask again, any place you all know where I can watch a replay of this game since I didn't get to see it earlier?

The UC player that attempted to call the TO. He was either already on the ground or very close... Just trying to help clarify on the jumping out of bounds and calling TO debate...

 

Nowhere near the ground when he requested the TO.

Nowhere near the ground when he requested the TO.

 

Fair enough, I must have been thinking of another play. The question now is whether he was calling the TO because he thought he was going out of bounds, or because he was trying to avoid a jump ball...

Fair enough' date=' I must have been thinking of another play. The question now is whether he was calling the TO because he thought he was going out of bounds, or because he was trying to avoid a jump ball...[/quote']

 

Why does the reason matter?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.