Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Have the Wildats turned the corner ?

Featured Replies

I think UK needs to knock of Florida to have "turned the corner."

Playing better but I want them to take care of business on the road more to get a better feel for where they are at.

 

WCS played with great energy tonight, but there wasn't a banger to match-up on him inside either...jury is still out on him.

They are not very good.

 

The positive in that is, college basketball as a whole is not very good this year.

Their guards can't keep anyone in front of them. They get bailed out at the rim by WCS. When he's out of the game or a team draws him out to the high post, it's easy pickin. If that doesn't change, lights out.

Their guards can't keep anyone in front of them. They get bailed out at the rim by WCS. When he's out of the game or a team draws him out to the high post, it's easy pickin. If that doesn't change, lights out.

The guards/Twins are the key to this season, I have maintained that from the start. That is why it is crucial that WCS be on the court, but I am not going to hold my breath. He has played 1.5 good games out of the past 7 or so now and was able to feast on a smaller front court like he did earlier in the season. Randle sucks at defense too. Cal does seem to be coming around on playing a little more zone which I was happy to see was run with Hendo out of the game last night.

 

Andrew is crucial to their half court success. When he is orchestrating things, they are difficult to defend.

........

 

UK fans are the best. Last week you're all melting down and losing your mind about this team after the egg at LSU, now they've turned the corner. I don't know how you guys survive the roller coaster you put yourselves through.

 

They are still going to be a team that doesn't generate a lot of turnovers, which means they are going to have to defend extra possessions, which means their defense will be thoroughly tested every night. They also are still a team that is great on the offensive glass and can get their own misses back at a high rate, which can add possessions, which always make them dangerous.

 

They still have a few losses left on their schedule, which is fine, and I still think they are a team that could, with the right match-ups, win four games in a row in mid-to-late March.

Their guards can't keep anyone in front of them. They get bailed out at the rim by WCS. When he's out of the game or a team draws him out to the high post, it's easy pickin. If that doesn't change, lights out.

The twins need to lose about 10 pounds each in attempt to improve their quickness. They are one year out of high school. Their bodies will mature on their own and they will get stronger naturally which I think in and of itself will improve quickness somewhat. However, it may be in their DNA not to be super quick. They can still be excellent players, though.

I think UK needs to knock of Florida to have "turned the corner."

 

At home or away?

Poythress definitely has, which really helps. I don't think the team as a whole has though.

 

I'm not sold on Randle and think he might need another year (something I didn't say about Wall, Cousins, Davis, MKG). ESPN has a segment up on him today showing how his numbers drastically dip against teams who have good adjusted defensive stats. I know going against better defensive teams means anyone's numbers would dip, but his are pretty significant.

 

We're somewhere in between this thread and the LSU one last week.

After turning the corner 4 times, they are back to where they where. Slow starts and turning the ball over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.