St. Mary 38 Bishop Brossart 36 (All "A" State)

Very enemic offense for Brossart. Very poor execution, missed 11 free throws, horribly timed turnovers the last 2 minutes. To me this is an example of a team that has beaten some bad teams. In all honesty, who have they really beaten in their 19 wins? Not many games on their schedule prepared them for the All A tournament. I almost left at halftime because this was a horrible game to sit and watch. I don't think they would have wanted to see Cordia tonight anyway. Cordia's pressure would have been too hard to handle.

A bit if a shocker.

Sure wish we had more members that could fill our WKINs (Western Kentucky information needs).

I tried to tell you guys in one of the All A preview posts that St Mary is really good. And if you don't know them they can give you fits. Doesn't surprise anyone down here in Western Kentucky at all that they won this game. And Greg Overstreet is one heck of a coach. My advice to Cordia is don't underestimate them.

Very enemic offense for Brossart. Very poor execution, missed 11 free throws, horribly timed turnovers the last 2 minutes. To me this is an example of a team that has beaten some bad teams. In all honesty, who have they really beaten in their 19 wins? Not many games on their schedule prepared them for the All A tournament. I almost left at halftime because this was a horrible game to sit and watch. I don't think they would have wanted to see Cordia tonight anyway. Cordia's pressure would have been too hard to handle.

I wasn't there and it appears to have been exactly as you say, "a horrible game" but I think your criticism is unfair. This is a very solid basketball team who just lost their starting point guard who is an integral part of what they do.......I also think too many people make "snap" judgments based upon 1 game....Let's try to remember these kids are 15-18 years old and aren't machines who produce on demand.

I am not surprised St. Mary won this game. Everything I've seen indicates they are very solid. What does surprise me, is that they were able to come back from being down a couple possessions late, despite Hubert having fouled out.

I am also surprised that Brossart fell apart in those last couple minutes.

First of all we didn't play well. Credit St. Mary in making that happen.

They were a lot bigger (6-2, 6-4, and 6-4)/more physical and deeper than they looked on tape. Without Jake we are not as deep as we would like to be. Rieger, Hackworth, and Trentman played 32 minutes. St. Mary really made us work on defense, and while their press wasn't swarming, it took individual efforts on each possession to get the ball up the 94' floor. They played some great half-court defense, which made the game painful for some to watch. The least points they had scored all year was 46, the least we had scored all year was 51. Two excellent defensive teams make for a bad spectator experience.

I wasn't there and it appears to have been exactly as you say, "a horrible game" but I think your criticism is unfair. This is a very solid basketball team who just lost their starting point guard who is an integral part of what they do.......I also think too many people make "snap" judgments based upon 1 game....Let's try to remember these kids are 15-18 years old and aren't machines who produce on demand.

Excellent post! :thumb:

So who ran the offense with Jennings out?

Small schools, you take out a key cog in a key position and it will drastically affect your game. JMO

Exactly. Although the 6-17 from the foul line contributed, missing a critical starter is the key to being upset. It happens, especially when you don't really know the opposition and they are a quality team.