Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roger wants more teams in the Playoffs....

Featured Replies

.......and will push for it again this year.

 

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said during the league’s fall meetings that expanding the playoff field is a priority. Though he set 2015 as the earliest date for implementing those changes, it appears that Goodell has kept the issue on the front burner… Should that occur, 14 of the league’s 32 teams would qualify for the postseason — seven in each conference. Goodell also said during his October remarks that such a change would lead to three games per conference on wild-card weekend (currently, there are two), presumably with the No. 1 overall seeds receiving byes…Goodell pointed out that the competition committee would handle the change at those annual meetings. Last year, the committee shot down a similar plan. But expect Goodell to try again

Talked about it on PTI this afternoon. Makes sense to add 1 team and only give the top seed the bye. An extra game for the NFL on wildcard Sat/Sun is worth a ton to the league.

Talked about it on PTI this afternoon. Makes sense to add 1 team and only give the top seed the bye. An extra game for the NFL on wildcard Sat/Sun is worth a ton to the league.

 

I don't really have a complaint one way or the other. I'm happy if they keep it the way that it is, I'm happy if they add another playoff team.

Why fix it if it isn't broke?

 

I'm not a fan of this idea. It's very difficult to make the playoffs as it is and I think it should stay that way.

Why fix it if it isn't broke?

 

I think that the NFL owners would all tell you that if any one of them is making one dollar less than they could be, the system isn't working properly...

Talked about it on PTI this afternoon. Makes sense to add 1 team and only give the top seed the bye. An extra game for the NFL on wildcard Sat/Sun is worth a ton to the league.

 

A great lineup for this would be to keep the current two games on Saturday, three on Sunday and one on Monday. An absolute orgy of great football.

I think they should take it to one more step as Pat Kirwan on Sirius Radio NFL 88 says. Have no divisons and just two 16 team conferences (close to what the NHL has done). Each team plays every team in the conference home and away every other year and then one regional game from the other conference e.g. Jets/Giants; Steelers/Eagles; Raiders/49ers (there will be some that aren't truly regional, but most will). Records will decide seeds, so you wouldn't probably ever have an 11-5 or most 10-6 teams not making the playoffs and an 8-7-1 team hosting a 1st round game. 14 teams in and let's go.

A great lineup for this would be to keep the current two games on Saturday' date=' three on Sunday and one on Monday. An absolute orgy of great football.[/quote'] I don't like that idea because the Monday night winner would have to turn around and play on a short week...but I like where your head is.

I pass on the idea. Sure the Cardinals fell short with double digit wins but on the other side you would have added the lowly Phins, Ravens or Steelers. More isn't always better for the consumer.

I don't like that idea because the Monday night winner would have to turn around and play on a short week...but I like where your head is.

 

Agreed. Don't like playoff games on a Monday.

I'd rather it be seeded top to bottom with best 14 teams regardless of conference...I know there are some obstacles to that but I think that would be better. Now you can have a 9 or 10 win team miss the playoffs in one conference and a 7 or 8 win team make it in another.

I don't like that idea because the Monday night winner would have to turn around and play on a short week...but I like where your head is.

 

Well, I doubt they'll go with tripleheaders for Saturday and Sunday if they can milk it. Besides, the Saturday games are already playing on short weeks.

How can anyone complain about more football? I'm a basketball guy saying this BTW. Forget an 18 week season. GIVE ME MORE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Maybe if he lets 20 teams in the playoffs then the annual first round embarrassment by the Bungals won't be very noticeable.

How can anyone complain about more football? I'm a basketball guy saying this BTW. Forget an 18 week season. GIVE ME MORE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

see High School Football Threads

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.